Sometimes, I dont understand.

So most of the time I understand how and why people do things.

Then this hand happened on the weekend. After the fact I OPR villain and he is a highstakes reg. that absolutely crushes.

wtf? This cant be a profitable long term play. Or maybe this is just a level 5.

Anyway - let me know what you think villain was thinking.

Full Tilt Poker Game #17480256420: The Fifty-Fifty (126745670), Table 17 - 1000/2000 Ante 250 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:00:56 ET - 2010/01/10
Seat 1: brooklynotss (22,639)
Seat 2: grindingsavvy (74,773)
Seat 3: orel123321 (23,192)
Seat 4: Wetts1012 (103,742)
Seat 5: 4everunkown (70,828)
Seat 6: Bond18 (188,183)
Seat 7: lpap (39,268)
Seat 8: Big D Rebel (10,095)
brooklynotss antes 250
grindingsavvy antes 250
orel123321 antes 250
Wetts1012 antes 250
4everunkown antes 250
Bond18 antes 250
lpap antes 250
Big D Rebel antes 250
Bond18 posts the small blind of 1,000
lpap posts the big blind of 2,000
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Wetts1012 [Kd Kc]
Big D Rebel folds
brooklynotss folds
grindingsavvy raises to 4,850
orel123321 folds
Wetts1012 raises to 11,999
4everunkown has 15 seconds left to act
4everunkown raises to 70,578, and is all in
Bond18 folds
lpap folds
grindingsavvy folds
Wetts1012 calls 58,579
4everunkown shows [2c 4s]
Wetts1012 shows [Kd Kc]
*** FLOP *** [Qs 6s 7s]
*** TURN *** [Qs 6s 7s] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [Qs 6s 7s 9c] [8d]
4everunkown shows Queen Nine high
Wetts1012 shows a pair of Kings
Wetts1012 wins the pot (151,006) with a pair of Kings
4everunkown is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 151,006 | Rake 0
Board: [Qs 6s 7s 9c 8d]
Seat 1: brooklynotss folded before the Flop
Seat 2: grindingsavvy folded before the Flop
Seat 3: orel123321 folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Wetts1012 showed [Kd Kc] and won (151,006) with a pair of Kings
Seat 5: 4everunkown (button) showed [2c 4s] and lost with Queen Nine high
Seat 6: Bond18 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: lpap (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: Big D Rebel folded before the Flop

Comments

• My thoughts are he knows, that you know, who he is, and is trying to make you lay the hand down...nothing more.
  • It should be stated Im not a overt 3bettor. Im actually kind of nitty OOP.

I dont think I had been getting out of line at all up to this point.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    My thoughts are he knows, that you know, who he is, and is trying to make you lay the hand down...nothing more.

I thought of this. Typically this happens when people know eachother, or are aware that there is player knowledge.

Im a random - and doubt this guy knows who I am.
  • Yeah I've seen some awful spewy plays by some well-known mtt pros DEEP in tourneys where the buyins range from $55 to $163. I guess they could be trying different things out but I don't understand.
    Last night after I busted 30th in the 5050 (fml), I was still railing dDeoxyribo (sunday million winner) who had a big stack.
    UTG opens and he 3bets from MP with J9hh. The SB flats and utg flats.
    Flop is JxKx4x rainbow. Checks to ddeoxyribo overbet shoves 200k into about 80k, SB snaps with AK, utg folds.
    TURN = 9 GG

Just don't get it...
  • you probably smelled funny because you had kk..which he interpreted incorrectly (since you are a good player) as weak
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    It should be stated Im not a overt 3bettor. Im actually kind of nitty OOP.

Even thou you don't 3 bet often prob figured that if he 4bets you'd lay down much of your range.

Would you call w QQ here?
    ITM? On or close to the bubble?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Even thou you don't 3 bet often prob figured that if he 4bets you'd lay down much of your range.

Would you call w QQ here?
    ITM? On or close to the bubble?

This is ITM.

I would call 1010+, AK Here. This is also probably my 3bet range in this spot, being this deep.

If the original raiser calls, Im at KK+.
    It should be stated Im not a overt 3bettor. Im actually kind of nitty OOP.

was my first question but, anyways hes German and hes drunk
  • Where you always throwing out funky raises ending in -999? I think you might have tilted him into pushing with 2-4. Or he put you on a weak isolating hand (A-mid card) and thought he could sneak a re-steal out of you.

Or he's a supreme donkey playing his favorite hand. Sounds nutty, I know.
  • Ok Ok, his mouse was falling off of his desk, as it was falling he accidently clicked "reraise" nuff said.
  • Stack sizes...as dennis pointed out there are probably 3 hands you will call and more you will fold in that spot. He just happened to run into one of the 3 hands you are never folding.
  • Stack sizes...as dennis pointed out there are probably 3 hands you will call and more you will fold in that spot. He just happened to run into one of the 3 hands you are never folding.

hmmm sound familiar Darryl?
  • Ha ha 8s would have been awesome.
  • moose wrote: »
    Ha ha 8s would have been awesome.

Or how bout a spade on the river, one time.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    hmmm sound familiar Darryl?

Yes, but we have history.

AND AJss has a little more showdown value.....

This.....at first glance it seems rediculous based on your nitting play, but, I think that is the same reason he makes this play. Your calling probably only 3 hands (in his mind anyhow), and if your 3-bet range is AQ+ or 99+, you're folding more often than calling here.

BTW, OMFG, he crushes MTT
  • It was the 999 at the end of the rr. That just pisses me right off when people do that. Not sure why honestly. Probably the whole not physically possible to do that in a live tourney so why do it online. Anyhow, he probably thought you were being a twat and figured he would come over the top and get you to muck it.
  • I remember a guy on pokerpwnage saying that for a long time, everytime the CO opened and the button squeezed he'd 4bet ATC from the BB. This seems a bit more extreme though
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    It was the 999 at the end of the rr. That just pisses me right off when people do that. Not sure why honestly. Probably the whole not physically possible to do that in a live tourney so why do it online. Anyhow, he probably thought you were being a twat and figured he would come over the top and get you to muck it.

LOL.

When you have 8 tables up and your chips are in the 5-6 figure range you figure out the main portion of the raise and jam 3 buttons for the inconsequential part. Most of my raises end in 3 random digits.
    LOL.

When you have 8 tables up and your chips are in the 5-6 figure range you figure out the main portion of the raise and jam 3 buttons for the inconsequential part. Most of my raises end in 3 random digits.

never thought about it like that. always assumed it was just some punk in his parents basement trying to be smart.