PokerStars MTTs interrogations

Having recently subscribed to PokerStars (I used to play only on PartyPoker), I found their MTTs to be just HUGE, compared to what I was being used to.. Gargantuan field sizes mean their tourneys (I play 3$ to 5$ buy-ins) usually last for something like 8+ hours. :o
Granted, the few first places pay rather well, but I feel somewhat "intimidated" by the field sizes and tourney length. So if you have any comments or pointers about these tourneys (on PokerStars), it would be greatly appreciated.
On a side note, I guess these really large player fields affect my bankroll requirement for these tourneys.. Is 35-40 buy-ins a reasonable figure or should I continue building my bankroll before playing these tournaments regularly?

Cheers

Comments

• Play 45man/90man/180man (sit and goes) if you don't want to battle for 8 hours on stars. That is what I try to do especially if I am playing lower limit.
  • Play 45man/90man/180man (sit and goes) if you don't want to battle for 8 hours on stars. That is what I try to do especially if I am playing lower limit.

This.

4/180s ftw.
  • try the cap tourny's they have.:wink2:
  • If you play 180 man, the variance in them is HUGE! Any reg will tell you that 100-200 buyin downswings are the norm (for the turbo variety). So if you're looking to play MTTs on PS and want to be conservative and safe, I'd suggest 100 x ABI (Average buy-ins) to be on the safe side.
  • Tilter wrote: »
    If you play 180 man, the variance in them is HUGE! Any reg will tell you that 100-200 buyin downswings are the norm (for the turbo variety). So if you're looking to play MTTs on PS and want to be conservative and safe, I'd suggest 100 x ABI (Average buy-ins) to be on the safe side.

This.
    Highly recommend at least 100BI for large MTTs. For 90 ppl - I think you can get away with 50BI if you're a winning player.