Options

beating mtt levels

maybe level was the wrong wording, but im very comfortable at the lower buy ins 1 dollar buyin etc and moved up to 11 dollar and it seemed not much different. at what point will the competition change and likely be outa of my league. just comments on the competition vs buy in levels

thx.

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    maybe level was the wrong wording, but im very comfortable at the lower buy ins 1 dollar buyin etc and moved up to 11 dollar and it seemed not much different. at what point will the competition change and likely be outa of my league. just comments on the competition vs buy in levels

thx.

How many have you played at the $11. level?
  • compuease wrote: »

a good thirty this month i think. not a big sample but i feel like im strong in them (crushing?)

i mean its not the same competition but there's plenty 'rich idiots'

ban: for answering a question with a question

BOO YAH

please don't ban me :(
    ban: for answering a question with a question

BOO YAH

please don't ban me :(

naw, I'm way too nice, just wondered as I find $10. and up much tighter...
    naw, I'm way too nice, just wondered as I find $10. and up much tighter...

ahh im on pp haha. i have 154 of them under my belt i found.
  • bankroll management 101, are you playing above your bankroll?

Maybe you don't feel comfortable because 10x the money is on the line. I guess you need to stop focusing on the money at stake and just play good solid poker. A trick I have is when I am in a tourney, I never look at the payouts EVER because regardless 1st will pay the most and why do I need to worry about bubble spots if I know solid ICM game on final table & FT bubble. Like on PS, all the tourney information I need is in the top left of the Tourney ID Box, so I can easily hide all the info to the right from my screen. The biggest importance is the blind levels, average and my position will fluctuate regardless. I don't need to worry about how my stack compared to the chip leaders, but rather what is happening at my table.
  • Tilter wrote: »
    bankroll management 101, are you playing above your bankroll?

..... why do I need to worry about bubble spots.....

my bankroll is plenty good, im feeling comfortable, not uncomfortable. and i watch the bubbles to find an edge on the weaker opponents.
  • idk what this thread is about...i didn't read it.

..but the answer is: "Move up to where they respect your raises"
    ahh im on pp haha.
    Isn't everything beatable on PartyPoker?! ;) I also have +ROI in the $1+ buy-ins, but I have -ROI in the $200+ MTTs that I freeroll to via satellites.

As phillivey has mentioned before, one of the problems with Party is the higher rake structure. For example, the regular $11, $22, $33, $44 and $55 MTT/SNGs surprisingly do not have decreasing rake, :redface: but have the same relatively high rake of 9.1%. Along with the $6 games with 17% rake and $3 games with obscene 20% rake, I avoid these games and look for MTTs with lower rake. Anyway, if you can beat the rake at the $11 games, take a shot at the higher buy-ins.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    idk what this thread is about...i didn't read it.

..but the answer is: "Move up to where they respect your raises"

ya i didn't read your answer either but what do you mean by "Move up to where they respect your raises". why is that significant? and why do i wanna be there. and why do i keep getting kd6d?