BIG No-Limit Game at Turning Stone

I was at Turning Stone over this past weekend playing a little 3-6 and 5-10 (nothing spectacular to talk about) however, they are spreading a fairly big game there now... They had their usual 1-2 NL games with $100 max buy-in (and a list about... oh say... 52 names... atleast when I counted) but they also had a larger NL game... blinds were 5/10 and there was no max buy-in. ($300 min). I watched this game for a short while and I would say that the avg chip stack at the table was about 4-5 thousand. The chip leader... 3 stacks of black, 18 stacks of green and 6 stacks of red... plus a small pile of red and green that he was playing with (shuffling)... I make that to be over $15,000 on the table. The only face I recognized was Al Krux... he's from around that area so he must be pretty happy the have this game there now!

I didn't get a chance to play :D so I can't tell all you high rollers how soft a game it was! They're just lucky there was already 12 names on the list when I got there!:D

Comments

• I'm looking to make my first trip there over the holidays. I'm hoping they'll have a stud 8 table going, because I've been playing that a lot online these days. I'd play the smaller NL game, but it sounds like I'll never make it past the list.
  • I'm hoping they'll have a stud 8 table going, because I've been playing that a lot online these days.

If they don't have a game going, see if they have a waiting list going, or would start on for you. They seem to be willing to deal whatever games there is enough interest in.
    I'd play the smaller NL game, but it sounds like I'll never make it past the list.

They usually have several tables of 1-2 (blinds) NL, $100 buy-in going. The list for this should move pretty fast. While 52 names on the list woud typically be about a 3-5 hour wait at an Ontario room, the Turning Stone waiting lists move much faster. I was once on a list for 5-10 (limit) that looked to be ~40 names and was seated in 20 minutes.

ScottyZ
  • Thanks for the info. I'm actually really looking forward to visiting the Turning Stone, and I'll be sure to post a trip report for everyone.
  • there were only 3 tables of 1/2 NL going on Friday night...4 on Sat. On Fri night there were people on my 3-6 table that had still not got called for the NL after 5 hrs.

There was/were 2 stud 8 tables going... about 4 or 5 names on the list.... I got there about 7pm both nights.

This was the holiday weekend in the States so it was extremely crazy. Even the dealers were commenting on the crowd!