Stats?

As a newer player I was just wondering what would be considered good stats to have in any mtt. I would like to get feedback on perhaps what i should be doing, or where and how to improve. I do well (in my opinion) in mtts....but i want to do better. Thanks.

still playing this one atm ... short .. almost itm.. but here are my stats thus far.

1178 entrants
137 left 135 paid

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 197 hands and saw flop:
- 11 out of 23 times while in big blind (47%)
- 9 out of 22 times while in small blind (40%)
- 30 out of 152 times in other positions (19%)
- a total of 50 out of 197 (25%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 9 (55%)
Pots won without showdown - 18

Thanks
~Shar~

Comments

• Spontaneous reaction is that you seem to be playing too much out of the blinds and just seing too many flops in general unless this is 6max.

Tighten up your game maybe?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Spontaneous reaction is that you seem to be playing too much out of the blinds and just seing too many flops in general unless this is 6max.

Tighten up your game maybe?

+1/2 I'd guess the real problem isn't just 'tightening up' ...it is also working on your aggression.
    Sharantyr wrote: »
    - a total of 50 out of 197 (25%)
    Pots won at showdown - 5 of 9 (55%)
    Pots won without showdown - 18

I've never found these stats super useful, but since you feel this session is representative of how you play.. it looks like you're seeing too many flops, showing down a bit too much and thus not putting enough pressure on. Also only taking down like 12% of hands in a session where you're likely running good (or you wouldn't post it) suggests to me that you don't steal enough in LP. But who knows from 200 hands. :)

You play tournaments iirc, go read like..Harrington Hold'em vol. 1 and 2. It'll help you a lot, I bet.
  • Thanks. See, I have never payed that much attention to this either. But I am fairly consistent with these numbers and can make it usually itm in the mtts, but not deep. I am just learning and have only learned from playing and watching others. I was under the impression that i saw very few flops only 25% for the session. The showdown stat is also very consistant in that when im in the middle I have the best of them.... (this is very low to my usual showdown stat in this case)and no matter how long people watch me play there is atleast one who always doubts me so I get called but more often they push my raises so I am all in...what you want with the best, but this also makes it hard for me to try and steal pots ... thanks for the suggestions. I have never read a holdem strategy book or anything like that. Perhaps Santa can bring me some reading material for the holidays! Any other material I should have on my "do want" list?

And Kristy hunnie....what the hell does iirc mean? :)

Thanks
    ~Shar~
  • iirc = if I remember correctly
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    iirc = if I remember correctly

HAHA thanks....
    (Feeling retarded now)
    ~Shar~
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    HAHA thanks....
    (Feeling retarded now)
    ~Shar~

Don't...I'm fluent in internetese.
    Urban Dictionary for the next time you get stuck.

These guys will try and talk you into buying some sklansky bs. DON'T he's dry as hell, take it out from the library, read 20 pages, fall asleep and then when you wake up take it back to the library, glad you didn't blow your hard earned money on it.

Eventually you may want to force yourself through it, but my GOD is he a shitty writer.
  • Mathematicians can be rather dry. I've been finding Harrington's books reasonably interesting. Might be worth a look.
  • I didn't love the cash game ones or the workbook...just the tournament ones.
  • Hmm, I suck at cash games so those are the ones I've started reading first. I knew I should have started with the tourney ones! Ah well.