Holdem on Party Poker

I know some people have speculated and talked about this before in other threads however I wanted to start this thread and get EVERYONES responses on it.

Is Party Poker a soft site? I mean I have heard the players there are not the greatest. If you play good you can get paid off decently and almost all the time. I have heard that it is the good players dream come true.

If you are a shark (shark being an excellent player) it is your pond too take over because of the overwhelming school of fish that there is.

Is this all true? And if so I would like to get some people's testimonials that have actually player for REAL MONEY on Party Poker.

Thanks ahead of time for the responses.

Comments

• Im relatively an ok break even kind of player. on pokerstars .5/1 and 1/2 games i get my ass kicked all the time. but reading about party i ventured over there. so far after only two nights of play at party playing low limit games im up $96. Lots of callers who cap of beting with nothing. and i mean nothing at ALL
  • Yes Virginia, there is a party poker.

and yes, it is soft.

The softest games on any poker site are always the smallest BB game the site offers. So on party, the .50/$1 is butter. On the crypto's it's $1/$2 same for truepoker, at Stars it's 0.01/0.02...
  • JuiceMan wrote:
    Im relatively an ok break even kind of player. on pokerstars .5/1 and 1/2 games i get my ass kicked all the time. but reading about party i ventured over there. so far after only two nights of play at party playing low limit games im up $96. Lots of callers who cap of beting with nothing. and i mean nothing at ALL
    sweeeeet :D
  • In the .50/1.00 games at Party there are tonnes of tables with average pot sizes over $10. If you look at the pot sizes on Stars .50/1.00 they are from $3-$7.
    Party is super loose, you take some horrible beats but when you drag a pot it's usually big. Pretty straightforward, you just have to show down good cards to win. (True for most LL but especially true at Party). It seems like almost every table has a couple of players that are in every pot. They usually make a killing or feed you nicely.
  • It seems like almost every table has a couple of players that are in every pot. They usually make a killing or feed you nicely.

I have to agree with this as I have made and lost 3 K in 4-6 months from the feed and the killing.
  • I play on Both PS and PP and i find that the low limit/NL games on PP are a lot easier. However recently i've fallen in love with shorthanded limit games at PS so i've been playing those.

I've also found the tournaments/SNG at PP to be a lot easier to win as well. Although their blind structure is kinda wack, the people do seem to be a lot worse compared to PS.
  • In the .50/1.00 games at Party there are tonnes of tables with average pot sizes over $10. If you look at the pot sizes on Stars .50/1.00 they are from $3-$7.
    Party is super loose, you take some horrible beats but when you drag a pot it's usually big. Pretty straightforward, you just have to show down good cards to win. (True for most LL but especially true at Party). It seems like almost every table has a couple of players that are in every pot. They usually make a killing or feed you nicely.
    :banghead:

the waiting list are long too for some of these babies :banghead:

they smell fish :confused:
  • I made the switch to Party Poker 2 weeks ago. Let's just say that I am considering quitting my day job because the low limits are so easy to beat! I also find it is much easier to multi-table at Party Poker due to their 'auto action buttons'. Just make sure you pick the table with the biggest pot sizes, and you will do fine if you play tight preflop.
  • jester777 wrote:
    I made the switch to Party Poker 2 weeks ago. Let's just say that I am considering quitting my day job because the low limits are so easy to beat! I also find it is much easier to multi-table at Party Poker due to their 'auto action buttons'. Just make sure you pick the table with the biggest pot sizes, and you will do fine if you play tight preflop.
    which low limits are ya playing at party? :)

and how big are the pots?

thx
  • Avg pot at the $0.50/$1 tables is probably between $6 and $11. I always choose tables that are $9 and above if possible.

In $2/$4, I choose tables that have an average pot of $25 and above. Sometimes you have to go on a waiting list to get in, but it's worth the wait! I believe I've seen some tables with $35 avg pot at $2/$4. Of course, some tables are tight as hell though, so just avoid those.
  • Great thread, and I definitely need to get off my butt and get on Party ASAP (however, it might well turn into that scene from Rounders where they are all at the TAJ - and one of them says "if we wanted to take each other's money, we could have stayed in the city" and someone else says "what is this, the Chesterfield SOUTH" or something like that ... all PokerForum members bound to run into each other at Party very soon..)

My question is this: what makes Party so soft? Why would any one site be softer (or harder) than any other? Is it advertising - attracting a certain demographic? Is it laziness? Tell me people!
  • Party Poker has alot of advertising around where I am from. They advertise on Spike TV as well as on CityTV sometimes when the WPT is on. I have a feeling when most "newbs" enter online poker for the very first time this is the site that they start at. Which means all the "guppies" or "fish" are on Party Poker and beginning for us to take there money. :)
  • I've been playing party for over a year now and I finaly hit a bad streak of bad beats and stupid play on my part about a month ago and lost my bankroll playing higher limit. Low limit is very loose on party and filled with fish but be carefull where you cast your bait because there is some very large sharks swiming around. Unless you are experienced I would not recommend playing higher then $1/$2 limit and $20 SNG there. Lots of people who are good players visit party poker to make money from bad players. Your bankroll should also be large enough to be able withstand the bad beats that you will suffer. Bad players seem to get very lucky sometimes. I am taking a break from there and playing exclusively at Royal Vegas Poker but I will return once my bankroll is back up to where a hit of bad luck wont bankrupt me on party. I would recommend a least $100 for $.50/$1 tables and double that for $1/$2.
  • OH forgot to mention. Interpoker has become the newest place to feast on fish. I know some players that only play $1/$2 ring games and are making a killing doing so. Has anyone played there, I plan to make a visit there soon.

Red
  • SocietyRed wrote:
    I would recommend a least $100 for $.50/$1 tables and double that for $1/$2.

Hey, yeah I figure that while the good player can and probably WILL make alot of money on Party Poker because of all the fish you have to watch out for the sharks as well. I mean you are not the only person wanting to take advantage of the "guppies" swimming around.

But to the bankroll thing. I am depositing $200 this Friday to Party Poker and will start to play there online to make the money off the fish. I am going to start playing at the .50/$1 limit tables and work my way up. So you think that $200 would be sufficient enough to start at the 50/$1 table? I think it should be good enough. Then I will move up in limits when I hit at least 300x the big bet at the next levels. What do you think?

PS: I was watching a $15/$30 game on Party Poker. It seemed decently soft however there was one guy, the chip leader at the table... he had about $2000 infront of him. His name.... Fishfcuker... go figure? Think he is a shark? :)
  • You gotta love Party Poker!

I've found a new home on Party and it's playing $50NL.

I've been playing for the past few weeks and have been doing quite well. This is what happend this morning.

I was ready for word a 1/2 hour early this morning and thought I'd sit down for a few hands.

I find a table with some low stacks and one HUGE one?? So I sit down to find that MrBigStack is raising all in preflop with almost anything on almost every hand! Not only is he raising all in but is winning too! And if everyoone folds to his reraise he shows his hand....Q-2, K-6, A-4, J-9, etc. Needless to say that I had a very profitable morning with some fortunate cards, well not really fortunate cards, merely fortunate flops. However, going aginst a maniac like this, I folded an Ace rag twice because WHO KNOWS what this guy will have?

I played for 25 minutes and my stack turned from $50 to $133!

The best part about this morning was I got A-A, MrManaic raised all in, and got called by another guy who just rebought because he lost his stack on a suckout. I tripled up when maniac showed K-7, the other guy showed K-K (i know.....OUCH) and there I was with A-A. I was more then elated to win, although i did feel sorry for K-K guy.

Oh well, I guess thats poker....................PARTY poker!
  • I've never seen a PartyPoker ad, I constantly see that one commercial for PokerStars "Hi, I'm Chris Moneymaker, 2003 World Champ"..

The other one I see a ton of commercials for is playtigergaming.com, although I must admit I've never even visited the site.
  • Dennis187 wrote:
    Party Poker has alot of advertising around where I am from. They advertise on Spike TV as well as on CityTV sometimes when the WPT is on. I have a feeling when most "newbs" enter online poker for the very first time this is the site that they start at. Which means all the "guppies" or "fish" are on Party Poker and beginning for us to take there money. :)
    or the other way around :banghead: ( sometimes :banghead: )

but in the LR...we'll 'send them to the rail crying to their mommies' :D:D:D

:tongue:
  • Dennis187 wrote:

PS: I was watching a $15/$30 game on Party Poker. It seemed decently soft however there was one guy, the chip leader at the table... he had about $2000 infront of him. His name.... Fishfcuker... go figure? Think he is a shark? :)
    is the $2000 sufficient? seems kinda small?:confused:
  • mork wrote:
    I've never seen a PartyPoker ad, I constantly see that one commercial for PokerStars "Hi, I'm Chris Moneymaker, 2003 World Champ"..

The other one I see a ton of commercials for is playtigergaming.com, although I must admit I've never even visited the site.
    yep seen the PS ad while watchin' UPC :)

i've never visited playtigergaming ...maybe i should :confused:

Party...seen it a few times when WPT was on
  • Dennis187 wrote:
    But to the bankroll thing. I am depositing $200 this Friday to Party Poker and will start to play there online to make the money off the fish. I am going to start playing at the .50/$1 limit tables and work my way up. So you think that $200 would be sufficient enough to start at the 50/$1 table? I think it should be good enough. Then I will move up in limits when I hit at least 300x the big bet at the next levels. What do you think?

I just did the same deposit to Party Poker. However I had a 50% bonus (max $100) incentive. Just sticking to the $0.50/$1 tables until the bonus clears which is 500 raked hands. I'm about 25% completed with a loss of about $20. I usually stick to SNG's on Poker Stars so this limit poker is kind of new territory. Hopefully I can get in the positive when the bonus clears.
  • TiMSuM wrote:
    However I had a 50% bonus (max $100) incentive.
    Is that bonus still available? It sounds like I should try my luck on Party!

Have you read Miller/Sklansky/Malmuth's book on Small Stakes Hold'em? It can probably give you a lot of tips on how to beat these tables. I have found it helpful for Pacific and PokerStars although I still get sucked out lots of time and make stupid plays from time to time. I'm still up several times my initial deposit though...
  • This is from the email from PP.

"This bonus is only for select players. To claim this bonus you must make a deposit before DECEMBER 02, 2004 23:59 EST using bonus code "REAL$100" and play raked hands equal to 5 times the Bonus Amount within 30 days of making the deposit."

Not sure if it actually applies to everyone but I get these 50% bonuses quite a bit it seems, as well as the normal 20% ones.

Hopefully after these 500 raked hands it'll define what kind of low limit player I am, so I can better myself. I'm in the process of ordering Lee Jones and some Slansky books to help improve my play both in ring and tournament games.
  • TiMSuM, I got this email as well. I will be depositing hopefully early on Friday which means I will qualify for the bonus, but here is my question... I am depositing $200, but I wont see the 50% $100 bonus reflect on my account till I clear 500 raked hands in December, is this correct?

And if this IS correct, just let me clarify... that means I wont see the $100 right away... I will see it and get it when I clear the 500 raked hands, correct?
  • TiMSuM wrote:
    This is from the email from PP.

"This bonus is only for select players. To claim this bonus you must make a deposit before DECEMBER 02, 2004 23:59 EST using bonus code "REAL$100" and play raked hands equal to 5 times the Bonus Amount within 30 days of making the deposit."

Not sure if it actually applies to everyone but I get these 50% bonuses quite a bit it seems, as well as the normal 20% ones.

Hopefully after these 500 raked hands it'll define what kind of low limit player I am, so I can better myself. I'm in the process of ordering Lee Jones and some Slansky books to help improve my play both in ring and tournament games.
    i guess i'm not a select player:banghead: :frown:
  • Dennis187 wrote:
    TiMSuM, I got this email as well. I will be depositing hopefully early on Friday which means I will qualify for the bonus, but here is my question... I am depositing $200, but I wont see the 50% $100 bonus reflect on my account till I clear 500 raked hands in December, is this correct?

And if this IS correct, just let me clarify... that means I wont see the $100 right away... I will see it and get it when I clear the 500 raked hands, correct?
    i believe the bonus is release the day after u clear the 500 raked hands
    sometimes same day ....sometimes :)

please correct me if i'm wrong :banghead: :D

regards
  • Dennis187 wrote:
    TiMSuM, I got this email as well. I will be depositing hopefully early on Friday which means I will qualify for the bonus, but here is my question... I am depositing $200, but I wont see the 50% $100 bonus reflect on my account till I clear 500 raked hands in December, is this correct?

It'll show $100 pending in your bonus account at the cashier. You can also check how many raked hands you have played clicking the bonus account button. Once you hit the 500 raked hands, the $100 will be released from the bonus account to your real money account. Remember though you only have 30 days to clear the bonus which should be plenty of time.
  • Party bonuses are typically released immediately on completion of the 500th (or whatever) raked hand.

ScottyZ
  • Thanks for the replies all. Yeah 30 days will be more than enough to clear 500 raked hands, easy!
  • Play in the $5000 freeroll tourney too. Exclusive to people who make their first deposit within a certain time span.

I just played it last night. 2038 participants. Top 220 pay. First pays $1050. I busted out in 44th (one of my best showings in a large MTT!). I was disappointed when my JJ got busted by AQ..A on the flop. Got paid $15.50 for like 5 hours of play. hehe