Pokerstars Cashout Question

Im going to be playing at Pokerstars soon. Here is my question. From the previous site where I used to play, I could cash out and in like 2 weeks get my check and go ahead and cash it with no problems.

With Pokerstars I was wondering, has anyone used the "check" method of chasing out? And if so how was it? Did the bank give you any hastle about cashing it? Was it held for any time? And how long did the check take to get to you? Answers here would be a great help, thank you all in advance.

Comments

• I usually just cash out to Neteller, and then request a cheque from them. It takes a couple of days, gets UPS'ed, and the cheque comes from a Canadian bank (in American funds) so there is no hold on it.

I used to get cheques directly from Pokerroom, without Neteller. Again, FedEx'ed in a couple of days, but since they were from an American bank, my bank put a 28-business-day hold on the first few I brought them to make sure they'd clear OK. Then they removed the hold.

You may find more info. here http://pokerforum.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2350 but I'm sure that cashier@pokerstars.com could answer your questions, as well.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Thanks for the reply all_aces, I will see what I can find out from cashier@pokerstars.com
  • I've requested 3 checks directly from Stars. 2 of them in the thousands took 2 days to get here by UPS. And one of them for $800 took a week and a half. All of them were from a CDN bank in USD funds and like Aces my bank held them for 30 days. They also sent me a tracking number with each check sent.
  • Thanks for the reply guys, like I said I will be playing on PokerStars starting this week and was just making sure that it is a reputable site and actually honors your money and doesnt have an griefs about paying you out. :)