Options

aa vs kk question

how often if i have aces and go all in will someone else hit kings (assuming they call and everyone else folds, or they are all in and i call and everyone folds) and the kings beat the aces.....

Comments

• KK will win 18% of the time if that is what your asking:)
  • Shake your head and move on. Bad beats are a part of the game.
  • I think I read somewhere that the chances of having AA while someone else has KK at a full ring table is like 1/27. (don't quote me on this though) And obv the chances of KK < AA AIPF is 18% approx like Phil said depending on the suits of the hands.
  • title grunch: fold preflop
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that the chances of having AA while someone else has KK at a full ring table is like 1/27. (don't quote me on this though) And obv the chances of KK < AA AIPF is 18% approx like Phil said depending on the suits of the hands.

right on then do we multiply these number together to find out how often its likely for me to lose this way?
  • darbday wrote: »
    right on then do we multiply these number together to find out how often its likely for me to lose this way?
    That would make sense to me, but why even think about it? It's one of those useless statistics that really are meaningless. As Kristy says, if you are worried about it, then fold BOTH preflop...
  • compuease wrote: »
    That would make sense to me, but why even think about it? It's one of those useless statistics that really are meaningless. As Kristy says, if you are worried about it, then fold BOTH preflop...

im guessing that the top 10% of pros can answer this off the top of their heads, thats one reason. also i just wanna learn how to answer questions like this thats two. opening up thoughts on math based questions is three.
    im guessing that the top 10% of pros can answer this off the top of their heads, thats one reason. also i just wanna learn how to answer questions like this thats two. opening up thoughts on math based questions is three.

And their answer would be who care. Barring a phenomenal read (or satty bubble), these hands always get it in.
  • i guess were stuck in 'should i fold mode' im beyond that as its an obvious all in raise or call. but uh...my point about the pros is that knowing a stat like this or understanding it makes them a pro where as i guess people would argue being a pro makes you know it.
    i guess were stuck in 'should i fold mode' im beyond that as its an obvious all in raise or call. but uh...my point about the pros is that knowing a stat like this or understanding it makes them a pro where as i guess people would argue being a pro makes you know it.

No..just because you're a "pro" doesn't mean you know these things. And just because you know these things doesn't make you a pro.
  • i know some don't but id guess many could give the answer off the top of their heads. especially online pros...no?
    i know some don't but id guess many could give the answer off the top of their heads. especially online pros...no?

If you ask them what are the odds of making a OESD, yes. Odds of flopping a set with an underpair, sure. This, not so much.
  • I guess someone has kings at the same times as someone else has aces (#seats at table -1)/2,2 percent of the time. That means that you will have kings vs aces 1/2,2 percent (or about once in 200 ) of the times that someone else has aces or kings and they'll have aces or kings about 3,6 % of the times you have aces or kings.

Apart from that kings suck out 18% of the times given no dead kings which means that you loose against kings ((#seats at table -1)/220 times 0,18 ) which is about 0,65% of the times you have aces.

...I guess ^^'

Edit: Furthermore I guess that means you'll be at the wrong end of aces vs kings 0,15 promille (or 0,015 % ) of the hands you play. Not that much if you put it into perspective

That took a few edits but I think I finally got it right, I'll go to sleep now
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I guess someone has kings at the same times as someone else has aces (#seats at table -1)/2,2 percent of the time. That means that you will have kings vs aces 1/2,2 percent (or about once in 200 ) of the times that someone else has aces or kings and they'll have aces or kings about 3,6 % of the times you have aces or kings.

Apart from that kings suck out 18% of the times given no dead kings which means that you loose against kings ((#seats at table -1)/220 times 0,18 ) which is about 0,65% of the times you have aces.

...I guess ^^'

Edit: Furthermore I guess that means you'll be at the wrong end of aces vs kings 0,15 promille (or 0,015 % ) of the hands you play. Not that much if you put it into perspective

That took a few edits but I think I finally got it right, I'll go to sleep now

thank you, i like to put it into perspective.
  • AA will run into KK 5% of the times, and of those KK will win 1:5
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    AA will run into KK 5% of the times, and of those KK will win 1:5

and do we multiply .2 times .2 to get .04 percent?
  • I think it's a bit less than 5% (3,5) but either way it's 5% times 18% which is about 5 times 0,2 % or 1%
  • I thought we had this answered many moons ago...

AA vs KK...is 50/50

You win or you lose.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I thought we had this answered many moons ago...

AA vs KK...is 50/50

You win or you lose.

NO :mad:
    100% you don't lose..

IF YOU JUST FOLD PREFLOP LIKE I TOLD YOU!
    ..and what is 100% 'not losing' called.

It is called 'win'
    /thread.