How do they do it??

Sorry I seem to have an abundance of questions all at once. So the last thing on my list (I promise) is how the heck do you guys 6 table 6-max games and still manage to make any money? Like seriously wtf are you really getting reads on that many players? How do you handle trying to know 30 different opponents and their strategies?? Its all fine and dandy to take notes, but there must be a ton of stuff that you could be missing. Is there anything that I can be looking for in general in a player that would be the most useful to focus on about their game? Or should I REALLY just shut up and get pokertracker....lol.

Comments

• Quinner wrote: »
    Sorry I seem to have an abundance of questions all at once. So the last thing on my list (I promise) is how the heck do you guys 6 table 6-max games and still manage to make any money? Like seriously wtf are you really getting reads on that many players? How do you handle trying to know 30 different opponents and their strategies?? Its all fine and dandy to take notes, but there must be a ton of stuff that you could be missing. Is there anything that I can be looking for in general in a player that would be the most useful to focus on about their game? Or should I REALLY just shut up and get pokertracker....lol.

One word... EXPERIENCE!

Start small and work your way up to it, just like anything else... And with HUD over the tables, you get general stats that are very useful, so that it's easy to spot nits and lags, and adjust for them quickly. It's more experience than anything!

And yes you should get PT!

Disclaimer: I don't play online! (anymore, much!)
  • Poker tracker but also experience. Its being able to identify your range and balance it with your opponents, you have to experience betting patterns and understand why someone is betting what they are. Once you have a good grasp of that concept (review hand histories) you can start to recognize that right away.
  • I 24 table fullring, but i can profitably 8 table with a 35/30 style at 25NL. Its not that hard with practice and experience like everybody else said. Multitabling is kinda like playing an RTS game.
  • I 6 table PLO without a HUD, considering using one to get to 9 tables
  • You can do it more easily as you get your favorite extremely solid TAG game etched into your head. But each time you add a table you loose some of your edge, no question about it. Pokertracker is virtually essential when playing many NLHE tables
  • I 24 table FR and 18 table 6max and I agree with the comments about experience. The more hands you play, the more easily you recognize situations and eventually 95% of all situations become "standard" where you automatically know which lines are profitable and which are not.

So experience starts to free up thought process real esate in your brain which allows you to add more tables and hands to fill the extra space. HUDs do the same thing as long as you understand which stats are important and how to interpret them, allowing you to instantly adjust to different people in broad general terms without putting much effort into thinking about it.*

* HUDs are not an excuse to go into auto-pilot, but instead of the timer starting to beep while I'm trying to figure out what type of player someone is, I can already be at the next step where I'm thinking about maximizing against ranges.
  • I just got table ninja last week -- now it all is so easy
  • Just use poker tracker/ holdem manager.... it's not hard at all.
    With table ninja it's even easier but sometimes it messes you up... totally depends on who you are.