Options

am i supposed to shove here?

#Game No : 8664882904
***** Hand History for Game 8664882904 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny:48782061 Level:10 Blinds-Antes(800/1,600 -50) - Tuesday, December 01, 12:43:29 PST 2009
Table Daily $5,000 Full House Special (1805995) Table #12 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 9: Lion1208 ( 18,729 )
Seat 6: Sun_Rise_ ( 338 )
Seat 10: Thehat123 ( 16,799 )
Seat 5: Wolfm00n ( 18,246 )
Seat 2: Zeb_Rahead ( 16,660 )
Seat 3: bokaewing ( 53,769 )
Seat 4: HERO ( 12,035 )
Seat 8: momotaj ( 18,785 )
Seat 1: poolshark338 ( 47,888 )
Seat 7: usago ( 44,863 )
Trny:48782061 Level:10
Blinds-Antes(800/1,600 -50)
poolshark338 posts ante [50]
Zeb_Rahead posts ante [50]
bokaewing posts ante [50]
HERO posts ante [50]
Wolfm00n posts ante [50]
Sun_Rise_ posts ante [50]
usago posts ante [50]
momotaj posts ante [50]
Lion1208 posts ante [50]
Thehat123 posts ante [50]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Jc Js ]
Lion1208 raises [3,200]
Thehat123 folds
poolshark338 calls [3,200]
Zeb_Rahead folds
bokaewing folds
HERO is......?

lions vp is about 20 but regardless its clear his range is AA, KK, AKo and aks, QQ, JJ, and maybe but less likely TT AQo/AQs

pooshark is a little looser maybe 30 vp and its likely hes play lions range plus some weaker aces and all pp (mabye just medium pockets).

im expecting a call from both, and may have lion dominated and likely have poolshark dominated.

typically i grind all tourney long looking for a decent spot to get ahead, and although i don't mind losing a race like this but im constantly going out when I (believe I) have a good shot at a lucrative pot. Once i'm ahead my chances increase exponentially, i feel im better with big stacks than most, but have and incredibly hard time getting there.

Just wondering if this is a shove or fold?

Comments

• You put lion on a fairly narrow range, and if you're comfy with that... You should fold!

I'm curious how you make this narrow range read and then later say you think you have him dominated?

Again... I'm so confused?!?
  • You put lion on a fairly narrow range, and if you're comfy with that... You should fold!

I'm curious how you make this narrow range read and then later say you think you have him dominated?

Again... I'm so confused?!?

ya im comfy with it, hes min raising first position, been playing pretty tight and obviously looking for someone to come over top.

I didn't mean dominated i guess....i meant jj vs ak or aq kinda thing but its the extra money from the big stack that makes me think about this one.

if i run this in sitngo wizard with the ranges i have for them its a push....does this mean i push?
  • You have 12,000 with blinds 800/1600 holding JJ, screw ranges look what you have. easy push.
  • actyper wrote: »
    You have 12,000 with blinds 800/1600 holding JJ, screw ranges look what you have. easy push.
    Agreed.

Mark
  • drtyore wrote: »
    agreed.

Mark

100%
    You have 12,000 with blinds 800/1600 holding JJ, screw ranges look what you have. easy push.

This... I find you will see a lot of people just minraising to steal blinds at this level of the tourney.
  • Graham wrote: »
    This... I find you will see a lot of people just minraising to steal blinds at this level of the tourney.

i felt i narrowed him off of that because there was a loose big stack to his left, it was a thought though. couldn't say i could open his range much more though.
  • 88Fingers wrote: »
    100%

co-sign:)

well im not sure i look at it quite that way, but i did

HERO is all-In [11,985]
    Wolfm00n folds
    Sun_Rise_ is all-In [288]
    usago folds
    momotaj folds
    Lion1208 calls [8,785]
    poolshark338 calls [8,785]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 9h, Tc ]
    Lion1208 is all-In [6,694]
    poolshark338 calls [6,694]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 4s ]
    Lion1208 shows [ Ah, Ad ]a pair of Aces.
    poolshark338 shows [ 4c, 4d ]three of a kind, Fours.
    HERO shows [ Jc, Js ]a pair of Jacks.
    Sun_Rise_ shows [ Qc, 9c ]two pairs, Queens and Nines.
    poolshark338 wins 13,388 chips from the side pot 2 with three of a kind, Fours.
    poolshark338 wins 36,915 chips from the side pot 1 with three of a kind, Fours.
    poolshark338 wins 2,228 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, Fours.
    Player Sun_Rise_ finished in 521 place and received $2 USD
    Player HERO finished in 520 place and received $2 USD
    Player Lion1208 finished in 519 place and received $2 USD

.....and...HERO is out....

I feel better about the play with everyone's decision. can't say i could put the oppenent on Aces or kings say for sure, but sounds like many would still push. I'd like to have folded that next time, but not ashamed of my shove....

thx.

EDIT: the result isn't so important here of course
  • Yeah..don't be resulted oriented just from the outcome of 1 hand.
  • lol about possibly folding.

lol at poolshark calling there with 44

lol about losing to all 3 other hands.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    lol about possibly folding.

lol at poolshark calling there with 44

lol about losing to all 3 other hands.

ya...haha..haha.....f***

but thx im looking for my leaks seems some of my final all in decisions are ok
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Yeah..don't be resulted oriented just from the outcome of 1 hand.

no ...im certainly beyond the beginer aspect of that, or maybe just the beginer beginer stage, but sometimes i can't tell if it was a bad play or a bad result on a proper play.
    you have 12,000 with blinds 800/1600 holding jj, screw ranges look what you have. Easy push.
    +45000
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    +45000

yes but after going back to this post and remembering this hand, my hidden question was really that I had him on aa-kk and i called because i thought there would be another call with a weak hand so i could triple up if i could cracked aa-kk. if i had this again i would lay down because my flags went up but i tried to justify it with the math. I will rarely lay this down but only on the odd chance i think i have him pegged and anyways i will likely get to see his hand when they are all in. nobody can help me on that decision of course. but not wanting to error on giving him too tight of a range im okay with the call.
  • Yea, you sleep easy on that one. You gotta play em.