new home page.

The home page is coming slowly but surely. Be sure to check it out when you get a chance! :)

Comments

• Which homepage are you talking about? What't the URL?

ScottyZ
  • Oh, maybe you mean pokerforum.ca?

I never knew that page existed, since I just have the forum itself bookmarked. :)

Is Empire Poker a Party Poker site? If so, I wonder why they would market it separately...

Looks good to me, although it's pretty important to keep it up to date regularly if you're going to put current events, or "<whatever> of the month" type stuff.

ScottyZ
  • Empire Poke, Intertops Poker, Multibet poker and Eurobet Poker are all Party Poker skins. They use the same software and share the same players. Only the multitable tournies are exclusive to each site.
  • Weird. If you have multiple accounts (is this even allowed?) and real money at these sites, can you easily move it to & from your accounts at the "sister" sites?

I wonder why they would bother with multiple skins, when they do so much advertising for Party. I mean, why bother advertising the non-Party sister sites at all?

Is the software just as bad as Party's in all of the versions? :)

ScottyZ
  • my only guess would be to try to dominate the market...if they don't get you @ pp, maybe they will @ EP.

Same theory goes for why some towns have a "Best Buy" & a Futureshop when they are owned by the same company.
  • It all feels a little scary, a-la-Matrix. It's as if these companies are trying to manufacture the *illusion* of choice.

What's next... we find out that Coke and Vanilla Coke are made by the same company?

I once saw a Future Shop (after the Best Buy takeover) with a "Proudly Canadian" sign in the window. I thought I was going to be sick. :oops:

:)

ScottyZ
  • I don't think they're part of the same company or affliated like that in anyway. They just use the same software but they're still competitors. You can't transfer money between the sites or even use the same nickname. In fact, Party and Empire recently stopped allowing multiple accounts on the 2 sites.
  • Well, which is it? If the same players and games are on Empire as Party, they can't possibly be separately run.

The easiest way to check I guess is to see if there are thousands of players on Empire. :)

Also, I've never noticed Empire on www.pokerpulse.com, which makes me think that it's not independent.

ScottyZ
  • they are without a doubt one and the same with different skins. I did a whois search on both domains. Same admin contact for both:

Domain Name: PARTYPOKER.COM

Administrative Contact:
    DNS Administrator domains@email-ex.com
    WPC Productions Inc.
    Omar Hodge Bldg. PO Box # 3163
    Chera Chambers, Road Town, 00000
    VG

Domain Name: EMPIREPOKER.COM

Administrative Contact:
    DNS Administrator domains@email-ex.com
    WPC Productions Inc.
    Omar Hodge Bldg. PO Box # 3163
    VG

searched at www.whois-search.com
  • Hmmm... seems I wasn't automatically logged in... that last post was really by me though. :)

ScottyZ
  • That's pretty convincing.

BTW where the heck is:

:)

Seriously though, I do think Empire & Party (and I believe there are others) are all the same site with different fronts.

It's like walking into Brantford with a different T-shirt on.

ScottyZ
  • Delloitte & Touche are in the same building, (i did a google search on the building name)

Deloitte & Touche
    Omar Hodge Building, Wickhams Cay 1
    P O Box 3083, Road Town, Tortola, BVI

then I did a search on Tortola:

http://www.b-v-i.com/Tortola/default.htm it's in the british isles.

so note* today I learned what BVI means
  • Jack...do you play @ stars? If so, I think I've played u there before.
  • yes, but not under the name Jack King.