Bristol St. hand

Friendly 0.25/0.25 max BI $40, all players have logged dozens to hundreds of hours with each other.

About an hour and a half in, the action is obscenely loose, with one player being down about 400bb.

Most hands are raised to 1.25+ and seeing flops 3+ handed.

The lone dissenter, who has been sitting on his wallet for the entire 1.5hrs not raising, folding out of the blinds for .50c into $3 and such.. raises to $1.50 with AKss after a few limpers..

He gets 5 callers, pot is about $9:

Flop is AXX rainbow..

What is your play and why?

Comments

• TURN
    board is something like A496 rainbow..

What is your play now if:
    A: you'd bet $4
    B: you'd bet pot
    C: you'd bet $6

1 caller
  • I don't get it..... you know he has AK or are guessing that's it since he's playing?
  • I knew then and now..but we're going to play this from his POV
  • Am i the lone dissenter?
  • were you at Bristol st.? I didn't even know..dammit! which one were you?
  • As AK holder I c/r if the action is as loose as described, although with your description of said player I would bet that was not the play.
  • we're loose, not stupid..C/R doesn't really work for me..since we all would've heard the sound of his boner hitting the table when he saw a premium preflop..

(he's in the blinds btw)
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    we're loose, not stupid..

So this was while Mario was railing/begging? ;) (kidding Mario)
  • ahh his point of view.....pot sized bet. because i am playing tight vs. alot of loose players. i've hit my hand and hit my flop. i wanna bet everyone off the pot but give a chance to fold to a big re raise. I'm not sure i would play this way but using the info thats what id figure hes doing?

i might check raise sometimes but im not a cash game player. didn't say how many at the table..
  • darbday wrote: »
    i've hit my hand and hit my flop. i wanna bet everyone off the pot but give a chance to fold to a big re raise.

If as tight as advertised he/she's going to get re-raised.
  • lol, why would he get re-raised..he's a pf nit?

we're getting hung up on a section I would've never imagined we would..

if you think you're ahead of him, you'd take a turn..he'll c-bet nearly 100% otf, but he'll never two barrel with like ..JJ or call a RR without a meca-ace.

You're not raising him without a monster that you want to get paid off on.
  • Stack size plz.
    Friendly 0.25/0.25 max BI $40,

He hasn't played a hand remember, so roughly this.. everyone else is equal to or over him.
    i wanna bet everyone off the pot

wat?

Why would you want to do this? Plz explain.
  • OK, I'm a nit and I just hit tptk in a 6 way $9 pot.

I bet $9 because I don't want to see any more cards.
  • OK, I'm a nit and I just hit tptk in a 6 way $9 pot.

I bet $9 because I don't want to see any more cards.

Last edited by Hellmuth's Mole; Today at 05:10 PM. Reason: and I hate money

can you clarify, do you think this is the best possible play? You've effectively argued against it already.
    can you clarify, do you think this is the best possible play? You've effectively argued against it already.

NO!!

I thought you asked to play said hand as mega-nit.
  • NO!!

I thought you asked to play said hand as mega-nit.

I'm asking you to play it as best you can with HIS image, obviously..I already know how the mega-nit plays it..I was there.:D
  • I usually have his image. I c/r hoping for someone to fire all maniac like at an open pot.

Second place would be a come hither $4 bet but it probably gets less action.
  • not crazy about the c/r..

as I said, this guys cbet is near 100%, I expect the other players to figure out that

a: He never checks and that is scary
    b: when he check raises we are fucked harder than Jenna Jameson

What are your hopes and dreams with the $4 bet? (I like this bet btw)

What are your hopes and dreams with the $4 bet? (I like this bet btw)

I'm hoping someone sees it as weakness and fires a raise at it. If I'm in MP with a semi-bluffable hand I'd take a shot at moving that tight of a player off of it....
    I'm asking you to play it as best you can with HIS image, obviously..I already know how the mega-nit plays it..I was there.:D

wow this is a contraversial thread, im thinking about reporting you...

ok i was wondering this too and erased my comment in this regard. with that image, and my playing style i am thinking i would play the same way. its likely ill be pegged with that hand and that everyone will assume ill push a re raise even all in. ive left myself a tough decision if i get raised though, because its possible many people would bluff at me since they are loose and i am somewhat weak tight. with less people i might shove but there are 5 in the pot an maybe more at the table.

then i go tell cameron diaz that i found some sort of portal in my office.
    He hasn't played a hand remember, so roughly this.. everyone else is equal to or over him.

Shrugs..sometimes nits don't buy in for max.
  • I'm sure it has happened, but I've never seen one of the "regulars against whom we've played dozens or hundreds of hours against" do this at a Bristol..as you well know.

If it makes it easier, I'll add a *kindly presume that I will tell you if they do something weird* disclaimer

then i go tell cameron diaz that i found some sort of portal in my office.

Lol, Being John Malkovich reference ITT.
  • I'm hoping someone sees it as weakness and fires a raise at it. If I'm in MP with a semi-bluffable hand I'd take a shot at moving that tight of a player off of it....

There are no semi-bluffable hands on this unconnected board.

Let's think about this..give him JJ or better aqs or better...(yes, this is the range..don't argue)

If we're this 'raising MP' 18 fold and 20 smoke us, I don't think a raise with air on an A high board is a good play here.
  • Those are perspectives of different players on my originally proposed play. Player A (nit leading out weak) hopes someone takes on the Player B (raise nit off hand) action. Then I repop with tptk.

BTW the semi-bluff play is not a good card play but it's a plausible "player" play....if you're certain he's as tight as you made him to be and he leads out with a $3 bet.
  • its because we're certain of his impeccable preflop hand selection that it is NOT a plausible player play..

King high board, I'm with you..but A high it is too break even. You could float the flop and take it when he can't double barrel for less, if you really want this pot.
    its because we're certain of his impeccable preflop hand selection that it is NOT a plausible player play..

If hand selection is impeccable how do 5 players call his raise pre?
  • to suck out on him.