PokerStars Cashout to Neteller

Does anyone know the exchange rate (US -> CDN) at which PS cashes out to Neteller or however it works?

I just cashed out $229(US) from my PS account and it appeared in my Neteller account credited as $231.12(CDN). I know the exchange rate is low alreadi...but it can't be THAT low!

Thanks.

Comments

• My Neteller base currency is USD, so it happens a little differently for me... But I know that when I do withdrawals to my Canadian Bank account Neteller converts it for me. They may be doing the conversion upon receipt from Pokerstars.

The rate that I am getting for Neteller to convert USD to CDN is 1.1556... www.xe.com 's rate today is 1.17618. So I am paying a small conversion fee, but it is comparable to most regular bank fees for the same transaction.

So you should have gotten $264.63 on your cashout. $231 is way too low. Were there any charges involved with the method you chose to withdraw?
  • My Neteller is linked to my CDN account and it usually does the conversion for me deposting to PS. This was the first time cashing out from PS to Neteller. There should be no charges from PS for cashing out. I just did the normal cash out to Neteller.

For some reason the email I got back from PS shows a credit of $200 to the Neteller account and on a seperate line another one of $29.

From this, and your exchange rate of 1.1556, only the $200 got credited (which comes to $231.12). I'm guessing the $29 is pending authorization for some reason. I will wait a few days to see if it gets credited correctly.

Thanks.
  • Oh, Pokerstars does that too... I withdrew the other day and it came in two separate transactions... Was the $200 your initial deposit amount? That might be why. You'll probably get the additional $29 * 1.115 soon.
  • For some reason the email I got back from PS shows a credit of $200 to the Neteller account and on a seperate line another one of $29.

It is likely that you made an earlier Neteller->PokerStars transfer for US$200 which can be reversed more quickly since, to Neteller, it represents what they call a "creditback". (It's similar to a refund.) This is the reason a single PokerStars->Neteller transaction can appear as more than one item in the transaction receipt email.

The transaction for US$29 may take some extra time since Neteller needs to verify the delivery of the surplus funds from PokerStars. So, expect some possible delay, but if it takes a very long time (say, more than 5 business days) for the additional US$29 transaction to be completed, I would get in touch with PokerStars support about it.

ScottyZ
  • Yeah the rest will be on its was shortly :)
    quite frequently when i make a withdrawl from stars ill usually do anywhere from $150-200 but it comes outs in lik 100 and then 50 and 50 more
    as if it was like 3 transactions, but it will eventually find its way to neteller, i usually wont check my neteller acct (US funds) until 2 days or so after i withdrawl cuz i dont expect it any sooner, but the rare occasion its done fast :)

EDIT: i can throw up an example when i get home from work if needed