what would u do??

at a 5/10 game
u hold 9T:club: ur small blind UTG raises to 10 folds to you, you call big blind call (so 3 players)
flop comes 5 :spade: Q:heart: T:diamond:
everyone checked
turn comes 7:spade:
you bet .. BB folds... UTG raises.. you called
River comes 2:diamond:

do you bet or check??

Comments

• Preflop I fold. I wouldn't get into this hand EP with a raise, ESPECIALLY since it's only 3-handed.

Flop (since we're here) I bet my 2nd pair. If I'm raised (probably) then bye bye.

Turn and river - check/fold
  • Pre-flop i fold

Flop (since i called): i bet out, if raised i likely call

Turn: Check and fold to a bet

River: If i called somehow on the turn, i then i check and call the river bet.

Ideally though I never enter this hand, out of position and without lots of extra bets in the pot already.
  • Preflop: Fold... wouldnt enter the pot to begin with.

Flop: bet out, if raised most likely fold since I am an conservative player... always a better time to get your money into the pot.

Turn: Fold to any bet. Check to begin with.

River: Check, fold to any bet if unimproved (2 pair, trips, etc)

I personally would have never have entered the hand in the first place. Dont get me wrong. Im not trying to be insulting or anything, just trying to help. :)
  • Facecard99 wrote:
    at a 5/10 game
    u hold 9T:club: ur small blind UTG raises to 10 folds to you, you call big blind call (so 3 players)
    flop comes 5 :spade: Q:heart: T:diamond:
    everyone checked
    turn comes 7:spade:
    you bet .. BB folds... UTG raises.. you called
    River comes 2:diamond:

do you bet or check??
    i would fold it when UTG raised it preflop :frown:

so all the way to the river...i would say i'll probably check cuz i'm not gonna
    pay another bet to see my 9T:club: get beat by a set of Qs

i'm thinkin' UTG has JJ to AA :banghead:

are we gonna get the results?:confused:

thx:)
  • there isn't a result to this hand
    i was bored in class today and thought of this and see what you people would do
    thanx for the input guys

i think i'm the only person that would call preflop here
    thats cuz i like playin suit connectors
  • I like suited connectors a lot and i use to indiscriminatly call with them. The thing with suited connectors is that the biggest part of their value is in draws (straights and flushes).

In general i won't call with them in a raised pot, at least uless i have lots of players in the hand (thus giving me the possible money in the pot to justify it).

Facecard99 wrote:
    there isn't a result to this hand
    i was bored in class today and thought of this and see what you people would do
    thanx for the input guys

i think i'm the only person that would call preflop here
    thats cuz i like playin suit connectors
  • yea ... now to think about it ... i should have put 2 mid position called preflop too ... would that make more sense for me to call wit it??
    cuz that will make 5 players in the pot
  • Facecard99 wrote:
    yea ... now to think about it ... i should have put 2 mid position called preflop too ... would that make more sense for me to call wit it??
    cuz that will make 5 players in the pot

"If you have two suited cards, you are a 7.5:1 dog to get at least two more of your suit on the flop."

-WLLH

uh oh, maybe I shouldn't be quoting that in this area of the forum. Well...I do need some more reading material.
  • Don't call preflop. Three bet it if you are going to play it. Probably fold though... out of position.