$13 90 person SNG

I know this maybe an easy question, but my ego took a hit this hand.

Blinds are 400-800 with 100 ante
Hero is in SB with 19500 chips
Villian1 is in HJ with 17000 chips
Villain2 is in CO with 16000 chips approx

20 People are left, 9 Get paid. I am currently 5th of 20, with not much of a commanding lead. We are currently playing 6 handed at our table.
I have no read on V1, and V2 is a complete LAGtard, Raising and calling all over the place. Recently watched him call an AI with KTs for 70% of his stack.

Hero is dealt AdKc in SB.

1 fold, V1 raises to 4000
V2 Calls.

I am curious if this is an obvious shove or not. The 4000 (5bbs) raise from an unknown is strange. If he was just trying to steal the blinds 2000-2400 whould have been enough given the action at the table. I was sure I was ahead of V2, as I think he would have insta-shoved with 88+.

If I called I would be out of position against an unknown and a donkey, and if I missed I can't see me continuing with the hand. It would also cost me 3400 around 1/5 of my stack, but I would still be a contender for first.

If I shove and everyone folds, I scoop 10,000 without a showdown

Against V1, if I shove and he called, I figure I would be dominated or a coin flip. I seriously doubt he would call in that position with AQ-

Against V2 his range was so wide that I was sure I was ahead or a coinflip against 22-77. If he was slowplaying AA-KK then good for him, but I was willing to take the gamble.

That 4000 bet is weird.

Anyway, What would you do???

Comments

• A 5x BB raise seems to me like a mid-high pp (99-QQ) trying to take down the blinds and antes while still having a strong hand if someone calls. The lagtard smooth call could be anything from 88-AT, AJ - I doubt he flats KK or AA in that spot.
    There are two ways to play this, shove and hope they both fold or if called you are in a dominating position because your shove may look like a squeeze. If you win, you are in a commanding chip position and easily make the final table.
    Second, fold. You have a big raise and a call in front of you and AK is a drawing hand. At best you are flipping for your tournament beacuse you can't just flat call here, imo.
    Unless you think they will both fold to a shove, you should fold here.
  • I'd do it, i suppose there is some math you could do for this but buddy bets 4000 cause he wants to go all in. I think you'll have him crushed, because hed be doing this with any ace and even less. remember 6 handed his ranges might be looser still. as long as your read says hes doing this alot.
  • darbday wrote: »
    I'd do it, i suppose there is some math you could do for this but buddy bets 4000 cause he wants to go all in. I think you'll have him crushed, because hed be doing this with any ace and even less. remember 6 handed his ranges might be looser still. as long as your read says hes doing this alot.

I have no read on V1, V2 I wouldn't have a second thought about shoving. 4000 is a large raise at these stakes, and they are both in no danger yet of getting blinded out as long as they can steal a few blinds along the way. Given that, if V1 wanted to steal he wouldn't need such a big raise. 2000 would chase away any crap hands out there, which is what I usually bet.

A big raise and a call is a scary picture when you have AKo in the SB. Any more thoughts?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    A 5x BB raise seems to me like a mid-high pp (99-QQ) trying to take down the blinds and antes while still having a strong hand if someone calls. The lagtard smooth call could be anything from 88-AT, AJ - I doubt he flats KK or AA in that spot.
    There are two ways to play this, shove and hope they both fold or if called you are in a dominating position because your shove may look like a squeeze. If you win, you are in a commanding chip position and easily make the final table.
    Second, fold. You have a big raise and a call in front of you and AK is a drawing hand. At best you are flipping for your tournament beacuse you can't just flat call here, imo.
    Unless you think they will both fold to a shove, you should fold here.

Against an Unknown I have no idea if he'd fold or not. He may have over played his hand, or like was said, trying to get all in on the flop. He may even have something like AJs and call, but the point is I have no clue.

Against V2 I was almost positive he had something like T9s after the smooth call. Its just such a bad play to call behind at this level. If he has something like 99 he is going to be screwed on the flop, half the time there will be an overcard and he'd be risking his whole stack.

I agree its either shove or fold. I also agree if I'm called I'm at best a coin flip. I'll rarely see V1 calling with AQ-. My question is if you have no information what-so-ever on your opponent in this situation, would you risk your whole stack?
    Given that if you fold here, you're not in any danger as of yet.

A person like me who plays to win would shove here. If I won the pot whether I was called or not I was a good shot at finishing first. Im just curious if its the "right" move, if in the long run it'll be +EV
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    I have no read on V1, V2 I wouldn't have a second thought about shoving. 4000 is a large raise at these stakes, and they are both in no danger yet of getting blinded out as long as they can steal a few blinds along the way. Given that, if V1 wanted to steal he wouldn't need such a big raise. 2000 would chase away any crap hands out there, which is what I usually bet.

A big raise and a call is a scary picture when you have AKo in the SB. Any more thoughts?

geez i sort of read the post wrong, but i think youve got it firgured, the initial raise ( i thought was v2) could be an overbet because he doesn't want a caller, but I think a pocket pair is very likely but it was a higher on, perhaps he woulda put in a smaller bet too. Ak is a likely hand too, i find alot of time when i can't figure out the bet and i call its a split. if you min raise you might be able to get some more of v2 money in the pot and that would help,
  • I think a shove is good here due to the nature of AK: It's a huge underdog only against AA. On average we will have good fold equity here and the other time there will mostly be a coinflip (If V1 calls I believe even a lagtard V2 will fold most of his range and if V1 folds we will be ahead or flipping against the vast majority of V2:s range) We're not close to the bubble and we surely can't sit down on our hands and safely wait for it to bust. If we don't ship AK in this spot, then when will we ship it?
  • Henjon wrote: »
    If we don't ship AK in this spot, then when will we ship it?

Good point. Thanks for the tips.