Options

Did a miss a pretty play...?

***** Hand History for Game 8371960737 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $11 USD Buy-in Trny: 47225112 Level: 4 Blinds(150/300) - Friday, August 28, 18:20:18 EDT 2009
Table $3K Gtd Regular (1740560) Table #6 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: Bacus1965 ( 4,590 )
Seat 7: DAIANE_BR ( 16,545 )
Seat 1: Diakonisse ( 2,250 )
Seat 8: Kwahgnim ( 4,440 )
Seat 4: Nemrah ( 19,760 )
Seat 5: Paffffffffff ( 13,990 )
Seat 10: hero ( 4,180 )
Seat 3: jamestct ( 3,310 )
Seat 6: junioru111 ( 3,750 )
Seat 9: villian ( 6,460 )
Trny: 47225112 Level: 5
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero[ 5s 8s ]
Bacus1965 calls [300]
jamestct calls [300]
Nemrah folds
Paffffffffff folds
junioru111 folds
DAIANE_BR folds
Kwahgnim folds
villian raises [1,300]

only two stack can take me out, im getting 2 to 1 min on a call plus if players get smart on the the pot odds I'm getting more of a proper price anyways i think. and villian is most likely on a steal....shall i re steal all in? or am i just silly?

Comments

• A bad hand in a bad spot. Not sure if theres much of a conversation to be had here.

How are people calling 300 when the blinds are 100/200?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    A bad hand in a bad spot. Not sure if theres much of a conversation to be had here.

ah, thats a misprint because the blind level musta just changed....i'll change it.
  • :as
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    A bad hand in a bad spot. Not sure if theres much of a conversation to be had here.

ok i understand, but im still going all in next time ;)
  • darbday wrote: »
    :as

ok i understand, but im still going all in next time ;)

You do so. And if villain happens to be me continuing to run as bad as I have been doing in august you probably will find I have pocket kings but you'll a two pair and take down the pot.

Otherwise it's a bad play. Why do you think villain is probably on a steel with two earlier limpers? And even so you're probably a 60-40 underdog at least (if he has say Q9 or something like that) + you have the two limpers, one of them that might very well been slowplaying since the limp came from an early position.

Gambling in spots like this sure won't give you tournament success in the long run. But good luck anyway if that's the way you want to play poker.
  • Henjon wrote: »
    You do so. And if villain happens to be me continuing to run as bad as I have been doing in august you probably will find I have pocket kings but you'll a two pair and take down the pot.

Otherwise it's a bad play. Why do you think villain is probably on a steel with two earlier limpers? And even so you're probably a 60-40 underdog at least (if he has say Q9 or something like that) + you have the two limpers, one of them that might very well been slowplaying since the limp came from an early position.

Gambling in spots like this sure won't give you tournament success in the long run. But good luck anyway if that's the way you want to play poker.

Its not as good as scenario as I thought but a couple of thoughts. why do I think hes on a steal? because he is on the button, and these boys are obviously playing weak. actually i 'would' put him on a hand such as q9 or something.

As for the limpers, the 2nd limper does not have kk, aa. I don't believe a bad player could do that (not go all in), and I'm pretty sure its a terrible limp for a good player especially with almost 1000 chips in the pot. And its more possible the first limper has aa kk but its a rarer play aswell i think epecially from a shorter stack

Now heres a thought, theres 1050 in the pot 2 limpers, blinds yet to act, and your dealt kk on the button. do you want to see a multi way flop because people only have to call 800 more and already committed 300 chips? Maybe its wrong, but i'd shove and take the 1050, hope everyone folds, but take my chances with the monster if i get a called. Villian here i think is stealing with a medium hand, hoping everyone folds but willing to play poker if not. If he has kk aa then hes not stealing....hes giving everyone a chance to see a multi way flop

i just don't think most people would invite the masses into a monster hand