Options

Are sit n goes......

Practice for the intial phase of an mtt. My hardest part at this point is getting past the initial levels with a decent stack. if i can get around 1.75 of my starting stack in the begining of the game (i know that not an actual number) i usually make the money with a middle stack at the least. I'm figuring sit n gos allow me to practice this. I'm I making sense?

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    Practice for the intial phase of an mtt. My hardest part at this point is getting past the initial levels with a decent stack. if i can get around 1.75 of my starting stack in the begining of the game (i know that not an actual number) i usually make the money with a middle stack at the least. I'm figuring sit n gos allow me to practice this. I'm I making sense?

SNG's are better for practicing Endgame, not early game imo.

Dont worry about getting through the early levels with a decent stack. Its really not that important. Looking at it from this direction forces you to put yourself in positions that are not ideal, because you "believe" you should be at x by x point.

Nit it up, exploit the weaker players early. If you dont find any good spots, its OK.

Open up in the midstages when the Antes hit and exploit position. It essentially gets you to the same place either way.
  • With one table sit n goes, unless I get some premiums early, (then I am gone or big stack..lol) I am usually middle to short stack by the time 4 or 5 are left..and this is usually about par with starting stack if I think on it..then ICM starts playing heavy..the fun begins. :) Good practice for end game..yes.
  • thx both that puts in into perspective for me