OMG I Made Another Final Table!

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    how do you know this......was a sick hand but your not allowed to complain....

how do i get like you....

Losing 12k to a 2 outer. He has the right.
    how do you know this......was a sick hand but your not allowed to complain....

how do i get like you....

Just from his tendencies from playing with his the last ~200 hands and watching some of his play with 2 tables left on the other table. He was very straight-forward. His 3-bet was like 4% and it was probably JJ+/AK, and I've never see him slowplay a big hand yet. Also there was no dynamic for him to mix it up and slowplay a big pair for some reason.

I'm defff not complaining, super happy with the result and my play, I felt like I was really in control for most of the final table and wasn't running super amazing (I was running good for sure, but was still losing some decent pots. Last hand was pretty much a cooler as far as I'm concerned (if I had a timebank I could maaaybe talk myself into a fold but with 15 seconds to figure out what's going on with an overpair I'm not gonna be making too many big lay downs).

Re: how do you get like me. Work, studying, doing a lot of math away from the tables, getting coaching and constantly trying to plug leaks. I def wasn't a natural at this game and any edge I have is from work I've done while not playing, since I'm pretty average at the actual 'poker'/post flop aspect of the game, probably one of the weaker regs at my stakes.
  • gl gl gl gl jake!!!! Just took down a PCA qualifier :D top 5 got it, like 120 runners or something close to that

Yoo, congrats man! Now ship PCA and I'll be impressed ;)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Soooo obv he hit a set.

But GG Vekked!:)

How much you charge for final table ghosting? :P
  • Vekked wrote: »
    ....probably one of the weaker regs at my stakes.

some humble greatness here me thinks.

all i heard in this paragraph was get on the icm calculator...much thx its nice everyone takes time to help others out. any other specific advice ill be all over it. quite inspiring play....good times....

.....sooooo there's a hole in my bucket...hmm...
  • nice score Vekked.

Well played
    some humble greatness here me thinks.

all i heard in this paragraph was get on the icm calculator...much thx its nice everyone takes time to help others out. any other specific advice ill be all over it. quite inspiring play....good times....

.....sooooo there's a hole in my bucket...hmm...

Haha, I'm actually really bad with ICM and know very little about specific adjustments based on it. I know the concepts very well though which I think is most important. For example I reshipped JJ on the button 32BB deep at this final table on the button in a spot where I'd almost always 3-bet to induce otherwise, because getting called/racing (event when you're up to 60% to win or something) is usually always bad ICM wise, but I knew if I jammed everyone left to act would fold AQ, and some maybe even AK, which is a big win from an ICM standpoint, bigger than inducing some 70/30 or 50/50 all-in confrontations IMO.
    Haha, I'm actually really bad with ICM and know very little about specific adjustments based on it. I know the concepts very well though which I think is most important. For example I reshipped JJ on the button 32BB deep at this final table on the button in a spot where I'd almost always 3-bet to induce otherwise, because getting called/racing (event when you're up to 60% to win or something) is usually always bad ICM wise, but I knew if I jammed everyone left to act would fold AQ, and some maybe even AK, which is a big win from an ICM standpoint, bigger than inducing some 70/30 or 50/50 all-in confrontations IMO.

excuse me while i get to this point.
  • didn't even notice ft of some 3 dollar shootout turbo

5 left...

4th .....77 boom bangs
    How much you charge for final table ghosting? :P

muahahahaha:wink2:

I was watching Daniel Negreanu and sirwatts yesterday, I was able to figure out what they were playing in a couple of hands I was watching which kind of stunned me,lol
  • Have you even seen a final 3 in a tourney :P

Why yes, I have won the same mtt 3 times which I do believe is still a record.:)
  • 2/7 $5 rb O8 on tilt. cdnmoose2
  • 1/4 and one guy is away lol.

I gots over half the chips.

ugh 2nd
  • Nice run Moose, ya had im, just the gods weren't with ya....
  • lol donkaments. 3/8 Rush super turbo KO 12k full tilt cdnmoose2

FT you can actually rail now.

Ship $3250 on the deal.
  • railing you, I'm still a ways off final...
  • nice score moose! and good call not even chopping when you obv have the edge... haha
  • Nice Moose, way to negotiate.... hardball.. :)
  • I was better than him. Got lucky King David got taken out when he was the person who refused to deal. The other guy was so desperate to deal I got an extra 150 out of him. Only $362.18 light of 1st outright.

My kind of tourney - 2 h and 20 min FTW. :)

Methinks I need some more chips.
  • moose wrote: »
    lol donkaments. 3/8 Rush super turbo KO 12k full tilt cdnmoose2

FT you can actually rail now.

Ship $3250 on the deal.

good to hear!
  • FT of the UB $130 sniper, 9/9 tho :(
  • 7th for 1.2k, JJ < A7o
  • Hope I'll get an entry here, getting closer, now 6th of 17 in the FT 15K. Fingers crossed.
  • OK, it's official FT of Tilt 15K guar, 6/9 $4700 for 1st
    What a time to go completely card dead... Gotta manufacture something. 4 Canadians at final...

doubled up 2nd hand, now at 1.2 mill...
  • go go go

edit: go go go

edit: you fell asleep didn't you?
  • compu, if you do go to deal, as the shortstack you're getting majorly screwed if you don't get quite a bit more than your stack's ICM value, which might be pretty tough to negotiate 5-way