Super Standard?

Just need some confirmation that I am not going crazy. Hand is from yesterdays 20R on FTP.

This is a standard shove, no?

Some history:

1) We just lost a big flip to go from 150K to 60K.
2) We are at the FT bubble, and Pay jumps from 10-13 to 7-9. A win is 6K, 10th is about 500.
3) BB is chipleader by a ton (More chips than everyone combined left in the tournament). I am 99% sure he is snapping ATC.
4) 2 players at table 2 are significant shortstacked trying to outwait eachother to the payjump.

Full Tilt Poker Game #13146248884: $19,500 Guarantee (Rebuy) (97331440), Table 25 - 3000/6000 Ante 750 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:05:08 ET - 2009/07/01
Seat 2: kid_brohiem (70,512)
Seat 3: arnoldon (147,813)
Seat 4: macromolecule (687,436)
Seat 8: collector82 (174,714)
Seat 9: Wetts1012 (61,145)
kid_brohiem antes 750
arnoldon antes 750
macromolecule antes 750
collector82 antes 750
Wetts1012 antes 750
arnoldon posts the small blind of 3,000
macromolecule posts the big blind of 6,000
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Wetts1012 [2c 2d]
collector82 folds
Wetts1012 raises to 60,395, and is all in
kid_brohiem folds

Comments

• Yes...you're going crazy
    Yes...standard shove...with your M any pair or Ace is shove material
  • Shit - Ninja Edit for more info.

There are 2 significant shortstacks at the other table who are trying to outwait eachother to the pay jump.

I dont think this effects our decision though.
  • Yeah with this stack-size I think this is a standard shove
    Also, at these stages, I'm learning more and more that it's important to try and remember that it's about getting yourself in a position to play for the top 3 payouts instead of hanging around with a stack of > 15bbs and hoping to finish somewhere around 5th (but obviously you know this lol)...
  • I personally hate 2s and would probably wait ... no matter what calls you are either slightly ahead (basically 50/50) or behind. I would make the shove with less than 10BB, but I think you are right on the line, but that is just me.
  • You're at the 10xbb mark, so I agree with the any pp shove. Take down the blinds and antes, you've just added 15% to your stack. Anyone calls, you've got a coin flip and you hope for the best. Question now is: did anyone call and what happened when they did, since I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have posted this is everyone folded.
  • Graham wrote: »
    I personally hate 2s and would probably wait ... no matter what calls you are either slightly ahead (basically 50/50) or behind. I would make the shove with less than 10BB, but I think you are right on the line, but that is just me.

lol I remember you mentioning that you hate 2s before, what's the reason for all the hate??
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    You're at the 10xbb mark, so I agree with the any pp shove. Take down the blinds and antes, you've just added 15% to your stack. Anyone calls, you've got a coin flip and you hope for the best. Question now is: did anyone call and what happened when they did, since I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have posted this is everyone folded.

But he has no fold equity here. Because it doesn't matter if macromolecule is just a lucky LAG-fish or a reasonably good player who knows his Harrington (if you're in the BB and has a stack 10 times bigger or more than the pusher you are indeed entitled to call ev+ with ATC). He will call and we will flip (most likely if we're not unlucky enough to see him with an overpair). So we could just as well reverse the question and ask ourselves: Would we call big stack with 22 in this spot?
  • Henjon wrote: »
    But he has no fold equity here. Because it doesn't matter if macromolecule is just a lucky LAG-fish or a reasonably good player who knows his Harrington (if you're in the BB and has a stack 10 times bigger or more than the pusher you are indeed entitled to call ev+ with ATC). He will call and we will flip (most likely if we're not unlucky enough to see him with an overpair). So we could just as well reverse the question and ask ourselves: Would we call big stack with 22 in this spot?

+1.....this is a standard push on anyone else's BB, but not the monster stack IMHO.

That being said, you need a double up, and this is an almost guarenteed flipping situation.....so I can see the reasoning for a push too, but I'd still fold here.