Most Intimidating player in this Forum?

I suppose several of us have played against eachother, I was wondering who people think is the most intimidating player they have played against within this forum. My humble vote goes to Bob (hate playing him) and CanadaKev...i am pretty sure i went up against him at a Laurier tourny, solid player. If you'd like you can substitute intimidating with another positive adjective.

stp

Comments

• yours is a good list..although not everyone here knows Bob because he isn't a member on this forum.

for actual members I've played, in no particular order:

ComaU

and Scottyz....maybe a wee bit of professor and Jsteinberg in the mix....oh and perhaps stpboy...and um....everyone I've ever faced at a poker table.
  • I'll sort of echo sloth's point. In general, I think that anyone who wasn't pretty clearly *bad* (maybe it's a good idea to not get into trying to list who those players are...) was typically (at least) quite good.

I probably wouldn't categorize anyone as specifically "intimidating"--- there were a lot of different styles (which was part of the challenge), and different players could strike fear into your heart for different reasons. Some players could easily blow you off a hand because they play so solidly that you think they must have the goods, and some players have the stones (and good judgement) to bet any two cards if the time is right. Of course, the best players can make you think they're doing both of these things at the same time, so you never know what in the world they have. 8)

ScottyZ
  • Scotty is trying to find the most professional way possible to express that I scare the hell out of him.
  • Okay, okay. You've got me on that one.

Here's my honest list of the most intimidating players:

sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth sloth

ScottyZ
  • [shaft voice] you damn right [/shaft voice]
  • Let me put it this way....

I'm looking forward to seeing Scotty across the table on Friday.

:D
  • I know about the tournament that we're trying to get organized, but other than that, where do you guys play together? B+M? Or online?
  • there is a NL game in kitchener we play at from time to time.

time to time = always.
  • Some of us know each other from various home games in Kitchener-Waterloo.

I've never played in private online cash games, but this is an interesting possibility. I know it's easy to set up private (cash) games on PartyPoker for example.

Maybe we could get a Pokerforum.ca poker night going or something? 8)

ScottyZ
  • yea, well I kinda got something up my sleeve for that..

I could get an affiliate link to something like party (where private tables can be made)

and let's say the comission is $75

pokerforum.ca members can sign up thru the link and deposit $50, when the affiliate comission comes thru, I can give the $50 back to the player via paypal...hence...a free $50 to play with

the remaining $25 can go into a pool for prizes of somekind.
  • Would that affiliate bonus be for new PartyPoker accounts only?

ScottyZ
  • ya..has to be for new players :(

maybe if we found a site that a lot of members aren't already on...like empire?
  • there is a NL game in kitchener we play at from time to time.

time to time = always.

And that tiny part of the week between Saturday morning and
    Friday night goes SOOOOO SLLOOWWW....... :cry:
  • Well, I wouldn't mind playing on Party (I already have an account there). Since Party & Empire use the same players & tables, I wonder if you can play a private game with some people logged on to Party and some logged on to Empire.

I don't think I want to go through setting up a new account at either Party or Empire, since I don't want to risk having my current Party account shut down because it's old enough that it's got the 10% interest bonus on it still. :)

ScottyZ
  • there wouldn't be any risk to your current party account being shut down...and it's a free $50 :)
  • I'm not convinced that there's no risk in opening two accounts. I've heard some horror stories on RGP about how they will suspend or close two accounts opened from the same computer. Not that I necessarily believe everything I read on RGP, but Party seems so clueless about poker that it's plausible to me that they might do this, thinking it is some way of combatting collusion.

ScottyZ
  • hrrmmm... that is odd.

part of the reason party has empire is so that they have more marketshare. I know a lot of guys firsthand that have accounts on both with a lot of activity.

buuuuut...if it bothers anyone, they can use their existing accounts if they'd like to.
  • I'd probably go ahead and do it if it wasn't for the 10% bonus on the old account I'd risk giving up. Agreed that the possibility if remote (and I know people who have multiple accounts too), but I'd rather not take a chance myself.

ScottyZ
  • I had 3 accounts on partypoker.com that all got closed while money was in tthem because of the fact that we are not allowed to have more than one account. I dont use party anymore, obviously. They made me jump through so many hoops to get my money back that I didnt even bother. About 75 bucks is still sitting there. By the way...thanks for the ummm 2 posts about who is the most intimidating lol.

stp
  • You mean forum posts are supposed to conform rigorously to the topic of the thread?

That reminds my of one time I was braiding my butt hairs...

ScottyZ
  • I wonder what types of algorithims that the poker sites use to track and flag "likely colluders". I have always wondered how they would be able to identify those types of players.
  • Scotty, hilarious! Just a few tangens (sp?) here i suppose...

stp
  • Seeing as the only forum member I've played against is djw...I'd have to say djw :P