1 rebuy + 1 addon MTTs

question: in 1 rebuy + 1 addon MTTs, do you like to rebuy right away or do you like to wait and possibly rebuy if you're felted?

i usually rebuy right away, but i was curious if others had a different opinion. in unlimited rebuys i always rebuy right off the bat.

Comments

• I usually wait, but I can see the benefits now of doing it earlier... didn't think about it much before.
  • I find when I see people rebuy right away I automatically tag them as a LAG player so I can maybe open up my range against them during the rebuy period.

I prefer not to re-buy right away as most times I can usually double my stack within the rebuy period or end up with a little more than double my original stack.

There are pros and cons to both.
  • I'll take the rebuy right away if its unlimited. I like to go for stacks early on in these games, and it keeps me on par with the other players who immediately rebuy.

In a single rebuy event though, I prefer to wait it out, just tighten my play abit more.
  • It depends on the value of the addon.

If it is equal to the value of the buyin, I will insta rebuy.

If it is greater than the value of the buyin, I will hold on to my rebuy for worst case scenarios. In these cases the Cev of the addon is greater so there is more incentive to make it to that point.

If it is unlimited rebuy, it is insta rebuy AINEC.
  • I find when I see people rebuy right away I automatically tag them as a LAG player so I can maybe open up my range against them during the rebuy period.

I do the same, however insta rebuying is optimal in these cases.

Essentially knowing there are light shoves happening at the table allows you to use your double stack to a greater degree, even if it is a single rebuy event (unless the addon is of greater chip value).
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    It depends on the value of the addon.

If it is equal to the value of the buyin, I will insta rebuy.

If it is greater than the value of the buyin, I will hold on to my rebuy for worst case scenarios. In these cases the Cev of the addon is greater so there is more incentive to make it to that point.

If it is unlimited rebuy, it is insta rebuy AINEC.

+1

I play the $11 PLO 1+1 on Stars regularly @ 21:15 MST.....3000 chips for initial, rebuy and add-on. Essentially I play it as a mega-deepstack tourney, as you get 9000 chips....so the earlier I get these chips in my possession the better.
  • Depends what the rest of the table is doing - if majority of the tabl rebought right away, I would do it. Otherwise if only one of two players does it, especially if they have position on you, I would hang on to the rebuy. (this is assuming the tourament where the original buyin = rebuy)
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Depends what the rest of the table is doing - if majority of the tabl rebought right away, I would do it. Otherwise if only one of two players does it, especially if they have position on you, I would hang on to the rebuy. (this is assuming the tourament where the original buyin = rebuy)

The thing I don't like about this, if you run only so - so before the break.....if you start with 3000 chips, chip up to say 3700, the break hits, you can't rebuy (have to be 3000 or below).

To me, this is like not doing the add-on. Rebuying immediately increases your chances of winning the tourney IMHO.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    The thing I don't like about this, if you run only so - so before the break.....if you start with 3000 chips, chip up to say 3700, the break hits, you can't rebuy (have to be 3000 or below).

To me, this is like not doing the add-on. Rebuying immediately increases your chances of winning the tourney IMHO.

Pretty sure most of the tournaments that has a restricted # of rebuys allow rebuys at any chip count (unless you go up to like 1 million or something when you start with 3000). At least this is what I gathered recently from playing the $55 1R1A or 2R1A lately on PokerStars, but again, I could be wrong.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Pretty sure most of the tournaments that has a restricted # of rebuys allow rebuys at any chip count (unless you go up to like 1 million or something when you start with 3000). At least this is what I gathered recently from playing the $55 1R1A or 2R1A lately on PokerStars, but again, I could be wrong.

hmmmm....I only play the PLO one on Stars @ 23:15 EST, I'm almost positive this one is as I've stated, but it has been awhile since I have not done the rebuy right away.

I'll make sure I check this out next time, as now I'm curious.

That being said, I think I still prefer to rebuy immediately, but don't think there is a huge advantage to it.
    hmmmm....I only play the PLO one on Stars @ 23:15 EST, I'm almost positive this one is as I've stated, but it has been awhile since I have not done the rebuy right away.

I'll make sure I check this out next time, as now I'm curious.

That being said, I think I still prefer to rebuy immediately, but don't think there is a huge advantage to it.

Was going to try this, but couldn't get over the starting stack.....try again next time.
    Was going to try this, but couldn't get over the starting stack.....try again next time.

On Stars, you can always just check the tourney info and it will say "players must have ##### or under to rebuy"
  • If you're +ev, then more chips, *especially* at a discount, increases your chip utility. Therefore you should buy.
  • i was under the impression that you can only make the rebuy if you have the starting stack amount or less. if you can make the rebuy with more than the starting stack then that obviously changes my opinion on when to rebuy. i personally have never seen a rebuy tournament that allows this though.
  • trigs wrote: »
    i was under the impression that you can only make the rebuy if you have the starting stack amount or less. if you can make the rebuy with more than the starting stack then that obviously changes my opinion on when to rebuy. i personally have never seen a rebuy tournament that allows this though.

Westside8 is correct, on the 1 + 1's you can rebuy anytime.

Normal rebuys that you can rebuy multiple times, you must have starting stack or less, we're only referring to the 1 rebuy & 1 add-on tourneys.
    Westside8 is correct, on the 1 + 1's you can rebuy anytime.

Normal rebuys that you can rebuy multiple times, you must have starting stack or less, we're only referring to the 1 rebuy & 1 add-on tourneys.

i know we are only referring to the 1 + 1s (since i began this thread). i still did not know that the 1 + 1s allow you to rebuy at any time. that definitely changes my opinion on when to rebuy.