Poker Podcasts?

I'm looking through dozens of podcasts. If you listen to any that are good I'd like you to help me weed the cruddy ones out and find the better ones. I'm interested in listening to discussions on all aspects of improving one's game.

Thanks!

Comments

• pokerroad radio is sick........and from pokerroad.com, two jacks in the hole is a comedy podcast but it is hilarious!
  • My favourite was All-In Strategy & now Cash Plays. Are there any other podcasts with enough strategy content besides 2+2?
    jdAA88 wrote: »
    pokerroad radio is sick
  • The Hardcore Poker Show on Sirius channel 98, wednesday nights at 8 pm

Podcasts are here: Hardcore Sports Radio
    Scroll down to the Hardcore Poker Show logo for the podcasts.

North American wide, but broadcast out of Toronto, and the best guest list in poker radio...

Brunson, Ivey, Hellmuth, Chan, Negreanu, Durrr, Galfond, Laak, Lederer, Duke, Smith, Elezra, Sexton, Phil Gordon, Harman, Elky, etc etc etc.
    Hellmuth is a regular on the show..
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    My favourite was All-In Strategy & now Cash Plays. Are there any other podcasts with enough strategy content besides 2+2?

mediocre poker radio is excellent, they've had some of the best online pros on their show and ask them the questions that you'd most likely want answered:
    Poker Podcasts, Poker Blogs, Poker Commentary, Poker Pro Interviews - Mediocre Poker Radio
  • I've started listening to the podcasts and the most surprising thing I've heard so far is that Gavin Smith has to rely on Eric Lindgren to buy into the WSOP events. I know that a lot of so-called pros are busto and have to hustle for stakers just to be able to play big tournaments, but I though Gavin would be one of the exceptions with his WPT NAPC runner-up finish (to the Waterloo senior). Does anybody know how Lindgren got to own so many horses?
    gruven72 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how Lindgren got to own so many horses?

I've heard from various entrepreneurial ventures, I could be wrong though.
    I've started listening to the podcasts and the most surprising thing I've heard so far is that Gavin Smith has to rely on Eric Lindgren to buy into the WSOP events. I know that a lot of so-called pros are busto and have to hustle for stakers just to be able to play big tournaments, but I though Gavin would be one of the exceptions with his WPT NAPC runner-up finish (to the Waterloo senior). Does anybody know how Lindgren got to own so many horses?

Gavin, Bill Edler, and a few others are all backed by Erick. Erick is one of the original Team Full Tilt members, and gets a percentage per month. That percentage of the FTP action is a very very VERY large amount.....
  • I checked out some of these. Poker road and Roundersare great! My mind is doing a mile a minute from all the stuff that is discussed! Loved the Rounders interview with Greenstein. He goes in a significant amount of detail about a big hand he played with Dwan on high stakes. Barry's one of my favs and the way these veteran gamblers think about hands is truly humbling.

I'll be checking out all of your suggestions but keep 'em coming!
  • I like most of the podcasts. They all have something to offer.

The two online stations are ok: hold'em radio and rounders Radio.

Lou Krieger is great.

The Poker Road shows are good- most of it is pokertainment.

Poker Road radio carries the load for these guys. Joe sebok, Gavin Smith, and various hosts the best was Ali Nejad. Previous incarnations are the circuit or poker wire. Other shows - 2 jack in the hole( comedy) all startegy (strategy) . Big Poker Sundays was good when Haralaboos Vulgasos was there but he's gone now.

The pocket fives Podcast focuses on the online poker scene. The host is bland but some of the guests are great. The Puggy interview a few months back is worth a listen.

Ante-up originated as a radio show. Now they are a Florida based poker show. They get good guests and were voted Bluff Magazines' Best Podcast in 2008.

ESPN Poker Edge - Phil Gordon and the talent Andrew Feldman Ok Show but kinka cookie cutter at times.

I just started listening to the Hardcore Poker show- It's not a waste of an hour.

I've been listening to 2+2 during the WSOP and they've had great shows saying what's going on at the series. Mike Johnson and Canadian poker superman Adam Schwartz host the show. Schwartz runs a huge rackback site, is the editor for the new Canadian Poker News and went deep in last year's WSOP ME.

If I missed any big ones let me know
  • Steve Paul Ambrose was a guest on the pocket fives podcast a few weeks ago.
    (July 16/09) The waterloo poker area was mentioned as well as his early contact with Timex.
  • 'Deuces Play with Bart Hanson' are some great free poker podcasts for cash game players. There are about 100 episodes in all and they are about one hour in length each.