opponent stack sizes

what's your preference and why? do you prefer opponents to have average stacks, big stacks, small stacks, a mixture?

what about your own stack? are you better with the big stack so you can muscle around, or do you prefer a shortstack game?

this is in reference to NL holdem cash games.

personally, i used to like to find the table with the most money on it and with a high players/flop %. however, lately i've been playing against a significant amount of short stack buy in players and i've been fairly successful against them. that being said, they are most likely not great at playing short stacks in cash games, so it might not be an adequate conclusion. any personal thoughts?

Comments

• I prefer to have a monster stack and all my ops miniscule stacks.... That means I'm doing good... lol.. Now I only have to figure how to get to that point....
  • Depends. I like when there stack is atleast as big as mine so when I felt them I double up.

I also like shortstackers because they are often weak and looking for a quick double up and play anxiously, shoving light.
  • Love playing deepstack poker against fish who have a hard time folding, can get so much value out of them!
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Love playing deepstack poker against fish who have a hard time folding, can get so much value out of them!

I have to stop buying in so deep.....
  • quinner wrote: »
    i have to stop buying in so deep.....

lol:)