Limped Pot - Monotone Board - 2 pair

I don't have the HH here with me but I do have the hand on a Re-player <--clickity click to see the hand

Kind of a goofy hand but I will explain my thought process. I don't think that I played it well. This is a sticky marginal situation that I need to avoid in the future IMO. Thoughts??

I usually just pop this up pre-flop for several reasons:

- I have button
- Suited Ace
- Gives me initiative
- BB is terrible and I want to play lots of hands with him in position

I call because the short stacks have been a bit spazzy and I can't call a raise also I had timed down because of action on another table and made my decision quickly. I also thought villain had limped because I missed that the other Shortie had just sat out.

Now he leads the flop and the bet was very quick (he took about 1 second) my thought is that he is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH to lead a flush here and the quick bet means he made some type of made hand on this scary board and he wants to end it quickly or he has the As.

My 2 pair is better than almost all of the hands he leads with so I make a small raise and hope that he puts me on a draw that is trying to steal initiative on the cheap.

His 3 bet doesn't narrow his range at all in this spot. IF YOU THINK IT DOES PLEASE EXPLAIN. This spot is tricky and a tough situation to make good decisions on the turn so I just 4 bet ship it hoping he may call off a top pair type hand(he IS that bad) or a nut flush draw.

Comments

• Based on how you thought it through it seems pretty good. But what if he had one spade? You didn't want to let another card (maybe calling him when he pushed back for $7 or something) fall just to reduce the risk of losing your who stack to a bad suckout flush? Just seems kinda risky to me.
  • I think the issue here is with the re-raise on the flop. Your raise there really doesn't give any information about the strength of his hand. I think I make it a little more in that spot to really define his hand.

I think his thought process was you were drawing with 1 spade with that weak raise. As you pointed out it is 10/25 cent and I don't think anyone would be leading out with a made flush and you would most likely be up against 1 pair.

As Graham pointed out dependant on how much gamble you had in you (as pointed out looks like you didn't want to fold two pair anyways) is if you shove on the flop or the turn.

What it comes down to is if you have the roll you shove in that spot, if you are playing with scared money you may call and decide your fate on the turn.

One note about your deduction about the short stacks. I don't mind getting it in there with A4 if they limp/shove my raise as I think most times they wake up with Kx Qx, most Ax would be shoving/raising ahead of you allowing you to fold A4.