25NL Feedback

Our villain here leans toward passive and has not shown to be spazzy.

Pre-flop is standard.

I check/call flop so he can put us on a flush draw. If it doesn't get there maybe I can get him to call off a big bet on the river as he hopes to pick off a bluff. AX is a big part of his range.

Small re-raise on turn is an attempt to get him to stick his stack in there to protect his trips. It is basically the only bet he has left on the turn.

I overbet the river hoping for a hero call from any A.

Thoughts?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from Online Texas Holdem Strategy | Play Texas Holdem Online | Poker Forum

saw flop

Hero (BB) ($49.90)
Button ($23.82)
SB ($7.47)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9c, 9h
Button bets $0.85, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 3s, 9s, Ah (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.80) Ac (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $2.50

River: ($11.80) 6c (2 players)
Hero bets $18,

Comments

• Standard.

River Overbet or river Shove, not many villains folding Ax here, which is the only hand paying off anything.
  • So he showed you the quads did he? lol.. kidding.. Actually I like the line because it is often the way I would play it. I assume you didn't suspect him of betting his flush draw? ie AK or AQ spades?
    Obviously you weren't after the turn but I would have had those thoughts on his flop bet. However on thinking about it more, better to take on a little risk on the flop for the greater rewards later, ie stacks. Also from your description of him A,3 is not in his range so you are only losing to AA. I like the shove because you more than likely are getting a call from that AK/AQ.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Standard.

River Overbet or river Shove, not many villains folding Ax here, which is the only hand paying off anything.

Do you like a bet, 3 bet on the flop to get it in or do you think this line gets paid by more of his range?
  • I like the river bet to pretty much but button all in, but don't be surprised to see a bigger boat.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I like the river bet to pretty much but button all in, but don't be surprised to see a bigger boat.
    A,3 or A,6? Naw, not with villians betting line and ops description of him....
  • compuease wrote: »
    A,3 or A,6? Naw, not with villians betting line and ops description of him....

From my experience at this level, that's what I would put the button on.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    From my experience at this level, that's what I would put the button on.
    Really, monsters? You check fold the river then? I think that is way too tight even for my liking.... As is Caddy, I am looking for the best way to get all my money in on whatever street is most profitable. :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Really, monsters? You check fold the river then? I think that is way too tight even for my liking.... As is Caddy, I am looking for the best way to get all my money in on whatever street is most profitable. :)

No I make the same bet on the river, just be prepared to see a bigger boat. The way the button played, A6 or A3 is a real possibility.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Do you like a bet, 3 bet on the flop to get it in or do you think this line gets paid by more of his range?

I play the same line.

I think bet / 3 betting the flop gets folds out of Ax which we obv. dont want - we want villain to catch up some or donk turn.