SB and BB play

i was wondering what people's opinions are on SB and BB play. is it acceptable to have a losing record in the blinds?

in the BB position, over my last 3000+ hands, i actually am up just slightly in BB won per hand. in the SB position, i'm slightly down in BB won per hand. I guess this makes sense since i'm more willing to play a hand in the BB as opposed to the SB.

but just to reiterate my question, is it normal to have a losing record (i.e. negative BB per hand) playing from the blinds? or is it normal for good players to still see positive results from the blind positions?

Comments

• You're supposed to lose money in the SB / BB....

You're forced to put money in every time, and that's not likely to have hands that are expected to be +EV

Mark
  • I don't think I know (m)any people who have a positive win rate in the blinds. Just fold them and steal from the button and cut off :)
  • I would go back and check your HH over this time and look at some of the biggest pots you've won. 3K is not a huge sample so I guarantee you've booked a couple of big wins in that position.