$1/$2 NL Hand Posting - Did he have it or not?

So this is my first hand posting so don't be too harsh, haha.

First, I know that I shouldn't have been playing this hand in the first place but it was going to be my last hand so I was hoping to see the hand for cheap to see what developed, so much for being cheap.

Second, I know I shouldn't have re-raised pre-flop but I thought, and still do, that he was just trying to buy the pot and push out all of us limpers. I was trying to represent a big hand, which at an aggressive table, by limping pre-flop and then re-raising a raiser.

So what do you think, did he have air or a real hand. Oh ya, one more thing, I asked him if he had trips, he said he had better, which means that he would have hit his straight on the river and I was leading with Q high until the river?

Full Tilt Poker Game #11926440124: Table Broadbent - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:16:15 ET - 2009/04/29
Seat 1: eveeve87 ($105.30)
Seat 2: ibadumb1 ($42.45)
Seat 3: Larock-001 ($348.05)
Seat 4: rounder375 ($200)
Seat 5: Chris557 ($319)
Seat 6: Alex916F ($405)
Seat 7: MomKnowsBest945 ($180.10)
Seat 8: RoundersClub ($239.30)
Seat 9: sol1ft ($586.40)
eveeve87 posts the small blind of $1
ibadumb1 posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Larock-001 [Qh Js]
Larock-001 calls $2
rounder375 has 15 seconds left to act
rounder375 folds
Chris557 folds
Chris557 is sitting out
Alex916F folds
MomKnowsBest945 calls $2
RoundersClub folds
sol1ft raises to $11
eveeve87 folds
ibadumb1 folds
Larock-001 raises to $30
MomKnowsBest945 has 15 seconds left to act
MomKnowsBest945 folds
dig_deeper66 (Observer): hey can anyone loan me till friday for 40% interest????
sol1ft has 15 seconds left to act
sol1ft calls $19
*** FLOP *** [6d 3c 9h]
Larock-001 has 15 seconds left to act
Larock-001 bets $36
sol1ft calls $36
*** TURN *** [6d 3c 9h] [Kd]
Larock-001 checks
sol1ft checks
*** RIVER *** [6d 3c 9h Kd] [Qs]
Larock-001 bets $60
sol1ft raises to $520.40, and is all in
Larock-001 has requested time
Larock-001 folded

Comments

• His line doesn't make any sense to me, your line doesn't make any sense to me..

why give/take the free card on the turn?

His preflop raise but only call of your re-raise tells me he's got some kind of pocket pair or AQ+.. When he calls the raggy flop bet, I upgrade him to a solid pocket pair and downgrade the overcards AQ+. When he checks the K turn in position, I downgrade him to 99-KK (aces bet the K everytime). Looking at the river, he's got more or less 3/5 chance of having a set (not really cuz the chanses of a set are lower blah blah blah).

Anyway, I say you are beat. beat beat beat beat beat. He may even show you AK/AQ and take the pot.

Now as for you, if you are trying to represent a big made hand, you can't check the turn there. You sent the message that the king scared you too, which leaves him wide open to just bluffing you out with strong enough bets.
  • Thanks for the post BBC Z. You're right about both of our lines.

I should have fired another bullet on the turn, otherwise not bet the river at all and save me some money.

After the hand was over, and I was thinking about it all night, I put him on 10's, J's, or A-Q. If this were the case I should have bet the trun. I think he would have bet the K on the turn if he had A-K.

Thoughts anyone?
  • Whatever it is, youre beat.

You know your not getting floated on that flop bet when he checks the turn.

Hes got huge stones to bluff shove that river with 10's/J's, but its possible based on your turn action. I lean towards AK. If I have AQ in his place its a pure float and I am betting the turn.
  • The sick part of this hand is that he raises to 11 and you re-raise to 30 and he just flats. This most likely polarizes his range to 10s - AK,

Your flop bet reps a big pair here but then your check on the turn gives your hand away. I see the villian floating with AK,AQ and then when you make that weak lead on the river he shoves on you knowing that you can only call with 2 pair there and maybe AK.

I don't think in this spot villian has 10J at all so wipe that straight possibility from your head unless he was playing LAG.

What were your reads on villian??

• I don't think in this spot villian has 10J at all so wipe that straight possibility from your head unless he was playing LAG.

+1 on this. Theres no way he has >set here.

10J is a pure float on the flop, and he checks behind the turn so it can be completely eliminated.
  • So other than not playing this hand in the first place what should I have done differently. Bet the turn and if called or re-raised shut it down? What do you think betting more on the river would have done or because of my check on the turn would he have gone all-in. I really wish I knew what he had though.
  • I really wish I knew what he had though.

You know what he had: A better path to winning the hand than you.