Rebuys w/ Add-on... Do you Add-on?

I always have a tough call with this. Do you think it is +ev to do the add-ons if you have more than the avg stack size? When should you always add-on and when do you think it doesn't really matter?

Comments

• I always add-on if it's neglectable for my bankroll obviously and if the sum I get for adding on is...more than 10% of my stack or something like that
  • I didn`t read any of the post..

Yes - always buy the add-on

Mark
  • Always add on
  • I definitely would NOT add on the brazil 5$ turbo rebuy where it would buy you about one BB. There are exceptions of when it's +EV
  • If it's +ev to buy in, It's almost always +ev to rebuy/addon. Usually addon/rebuys let you buy chips at a discount.

If you're -ev to buy in ... then you shouldn't rebuy/addon.

Same thing goes for dealerfreebies.
  • Yeah, it's always best to have as many chips as you can (well, obviously)....that being said, sometimes the add-on isn't too important. For example, I have a 30k at the first break in a rebuy tourney and the avg. stack is around 8k with the blinds at 100/200, I won't bother adding-on.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's always best to have as many chips as you can (well, obviously)....that being said, sometimes the add-on isn't too important. For example, I have a 30k at the first break in a rebuy tourney and the avg. stack is around 8k with the blinds at 100/200, I won't bother adding-on.
    Richard~ wrote: »
    I always add-on if it's neglectable for my bankroll obviously and if the sum I get for adding on is...more than 10% of my stack or something like that

There seems to be a sentiment that if youve built a huge chip stack, its not worthwhile to addon. Thats just wrong. Adding on is ALWAYS beneficial if you are +EV to be in the tournament to begin with.

Your chance to win the tournament is directly related to the proportion of the chips you hold and is magnified by your skill level.
  • Even when I'm chip leader I still always take the add-on.
  • As long as I've got the coin to do it, I add on. Chip lead or dead last, those extra chips mean that every double up I catch is worth more and every bad beat I take ends up leaving me with more chips after losing that hand.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    As long as I've got the coin to do it, I add on.

Needless to say, if you don't have the BR to add-on, you shouldn't be playing the tourney.

If I'm in the tourney, I'm always going to add-on.
  • IMO you're at a huge disadvantage if you do not re-buy or add-on.

I agree with most people. Add-on if you are going to play this type of tourney.
  • Don't ever enter rebuy tourneys if you're not prepared to open your wallet. Take as much chips as you can.