5/10 cent cash

So I decided to try out 5/10cent today for about half of a full buy in, just for shits.

Question, how would you handle this situation.

Hero and villain have equal stacks of approx 6 dollars each.

Hero is utg with AcJc, makes it 4xBB to go and gets two callers.

Flop comes 10cAh2c

Actually a really good flop for hero, nut flush draw plus top pair medium kicker. So hero leads out for 7xBB. (I did this because I like to c-bet alot of flops so I get more action when I actually do have a hand. Not to mention taking down a fair number of pots uncontested) One call, and then the villain re-raises to 2.40.

At this point i have to figure my Aces are no good, but do I chase the flush draw?

Pot odds calculation:

need to call 1.70 to win 5.15.
5.15/1.7 = 3 to 1
Odds of hitting flush approx. 3 to 1

But what about if I don't hit on the turn?? He's going to bet again presumably all in, so is this really an investment I want to risk??

Comments

• Push

Mark
  • Arrrrrin.
  • shove em all in. You didnt mention he might be chasing a flush draw too, which you have him dominated on. If its a str8 draw he's still behind. If he has trips your still 3:1 to make your flush.
  • A good line of thought that comes from (I believe) the little blue / green books of Phil Gordon.

He basically, whenever he's about to make a decision asks himself if he should be raising first and foremost. As a few people have said, aggression is best in poker, so by asking first if you should raise, you're considering your most aggressive options first. Then consider calling / folding.

In this situation, I cannot see someone just flat calling PF with AQ / AK, so the only realistic hands you have to be worried about are a ragged A2 (which you have 15 outs to beat) an A10 (12 outs), or the dreaded set - definitely not AA here (or I throw up) but possibly 10 10 and likely 22 - but even then you have 8 outs for the flush and runner runner possibilities.

You push here and you will see some pretty ridiculous hands, A7, 34, 45, 10-J, etc etc.

Mark
  • At this point i have to figure my Aces are no good, but do I chase the flush draw?

Pot odds calculation:

need to call 1.70 to win 5.15.
    5.15/1.7 = 3 to 1
    Odds of hitting flush approx. 3 to 1

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • what did you do? I have a theoryand am curious>

Milton Slim
  • You forgot to count in your J's. So best case scenario you could have 48% odds which you should move all-in at this point. IMO.