Playing Good Players OOP

I moved up a level recently and while people playing 2/5c are still mostly fish I found myself in a position today where a player (It was pretty evident he was better than me) was sitting directly on my left, meaning I had to play pot after pot against him out of position. So far the net result is that he takes pot after pot and reads me extremely well. My instinct was to just get up and leave, but then I thought this could be a valuable learning experience because (hopefully) one day I will be up against mostly good players. So how do I deal with someone who uses position against me perfectly and seems to always call when i want him to fold, and fold when i want him to call!! SO FRUSTRATING, I don't even know how he does it!? Any advice? Maybe I'm being too predictable? I tried switching gears up, less c betting more checking than usual with good and bad hands, seemed to work a bit. But then I wasn't getting the same value out of my good hands because I was checking some of them to try and get him to bluff at, or at least make him think my hand wasn't as strong as it was. All in all just a pretty horrible experience. He took almost all of my chips before leaving, which I promptly made back in about 10 minutes after he left lol. But I don't know if I really learned anything, I just hope I'm that annoying when I'm playing a pot in position against someone!

Any advice for a semi-newb like me against playing some of the better players out there OOP?

Comments

• I play up to 5/10nl and am rarely against mostly good players so just change seats
  • i agree...the easiest thing to do is just move seats or move tables altogether. im assuming this is online given the stakes but there really isnt any reason to stay in a seat where a tough player is pounding on you in position.

even at the highest levels, there aint much you can do about a tough player behind you. you can mitigate some of the advantage he has for sure, but hes always going to have the advantage being in position assuming similar skill levels. the pretty much is the essence of poker...just pounding on the ppl you have the position on and trying to do it better then the ppl who have position on you.