Annoying announcers...

So, I'm watching WPT, and I hear one of the announcers say, "Boy, he got dealt QQ. You can go your whole lifetime playing poker without catching a big pocket pair like that."

????

You'd think they'd actually get folks who knew the game to be doing the commentary. It reminds me of that movie, "Best in Show."

Comments

• I've never been dealt QQ at the final table of a televised major poker tournament.

hork.
  • Vince Van Patten is a joke..you'll catch a lot of what are no called "Van Patten isms" watching WPT.

There is one episode where a guy is twirling a chip between his fingers (nothing fancy) and Vince says:

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you see a guy playing with his chips like that, run, don't walk to the nearest exit because they are surely a pro"
  • "He's got Jack six offsuit -- yes,
    that's a good calling hand...."

:?
  • I heard a friend describe him as "an actor who was better as a tennis player"

note that there is no mention of poker at all.
  • sloth wrote:
    There is one episode where a guy is twirling a chip between his fingers (nothing fancy) and Vince says:

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you see a guy playing with his chips like that, run, don't walk to the nearest exit because they are surely a pro"

well he was doing it in both hands :wink:
  • Maybe I can win if I learn how to twirl chips... Yeah, he bugs the hell out of me. I think I said this in another post but if only there was a way to mute Van Patten and keep the player mics.
  • Yeah, I wish they'd allow you to hear what the players are saying more. I often can't make out what it is as it isn't very loud and you are forced to listen to VVP describe how many players consider 10,J suited to be one of the best hands in NLH.