Wrong to Push here?

Just wondering if my push here was wrong or not. Not much info on villain, other than the fact that he flopped a higher flush on me two hands previous when I was in the big blind and felted me.

This hand happened no more than two or three hands later...

Known players: (?)
vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
Position: Stack
AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $2.00

66 0 50 21
CO: $10.69
5.3 50 38 29

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
Hand recorder used for this poker hand:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9
5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $0.70, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), CO calls $1.30.

Flop: ($4.15) K, Q, 8
Turn: ($4.15) T
River: ($4.15) 6 (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.15

Hero shows a pair of nines (9d 9h)
CO shows a straight, ace high (Ac Js)

CO wins with a straight, ace high (Ac Js)

I tried not to let the previous hand influence me, and I'm sure I could have folded this hand against his re raise. But I couldn't put him on anything that had me beat here, could I?

Comments

• STR82ACE wrote: »
    But I couldn't put him on anything that had me beat here, could I?

9s are good enough to shove against this guy and hope, especially given your stack. Are you playing a short stack on purpose? or did you just not reload after the flush over flush hand (if so, why not?)
  • why are you playing 20bb deep? you have no choice in this hand with your stack
  • Using short stack strategy on purpose here, so my range is very tight, and usually allin preflop or on the flop. Only playing premium hands in position, and for the most part getting paid with them, but this hand had me thinking I might have overplayed my pair abit. Usually when faced with a re raise with mid pockets, folding is definitely an option.