Making Money On Line

This question is for anyone who has made money (long term) online.
What game would you suggest in Holdem?
Limit or No Limit
6 or 9 handed

Comments

• Depends what game you're most skilled at. Personally, I built the bulk of my bankroll by playing shorthanded limit games, and NL tournaments. These are high-variance approaches to poker. If you'd prefer a bit of a smoother ride, full-table limit games are probably a better idea. They're not really for me, though, at least not as my number one game of choice... I like pots to be contested heads-up, against known opponents, as it gives me more ways to win.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I think if I was picking one game for reliable, low-variance income I would pick Omaha-8. But, I find the game too boring to sustain my interest. Second choice, limit hold'em full ring (again for reliable, low-variance win rate). Then full ring no-limit. Then short handed play which, like all_aces is one of my favourites, but you have to be a variance monkey to like it.
  • Im going to have to agree with Dave Scharf on this one. Last year when I netted 50K USD over the whole year I was playing mostly limit holdem, full tables. So yeah, play tight... dont get out of your comfort zone... for heavens sake dont go on tilt especially online where it can mean your whole bankroll in an hour. And just stay focused, the rest will fall into place.