show down question

In No-Limit Tourney play, I am heads up and lose, I muck my cards, my opponent requests to see my mucked hand. Do I have to show mucked losing hand? Game is No-Limit Hold'Em

Comments

• If you lose you do no have to show your cards......
  • This is a house rule, so it would be up to the organizer of the game.

ScottyZ
  • In most cardrooms there is one of two rules:

(1) Any player who started then hand can request to see the hands at the showdown; or
    (2) Any player who makes it to the showdown can request to see the other hands at the showdown.

So, in any cardroom I have been in, yes your opponent can ask to see your mucked hand.

This rule is important to protect against collusion. I know of a case in which there was obvious collusion. The player in question quickly rammed his cards deep into the much so that his cards could not be shown -- even though there was a valid request to have the cards revealed.
  • I know of a case in which there was obvious collusion. The player in question quickly rammed his cards deep into the much so that his cards could not be shown -- even though there was a valid request to have the cards revealed.
    Please make me feel better and tell me the floor was called over to remove said player.
  • Nope. Floor called. Nothing was done. Major tournament in U.S. Welcome to the real world of poker. Some not so nice people play this game. It isn't as pretty in real life as it looks on TV.
  • Can someone please explain the collusion going on there? I don't quite understand the situation.
  • Player A and B are the only two left. It is a final table. Player B has been put into the tournament by player A and B is getting low on chips. The two of them bet and raise and at the river B turns over a busted flush draw. Player A announces "your busted draw is better than mine." Another player says "I want to see those cards." A shoves his cards into the muck.

It was a clear case of A chipping up his short stacked partner.
  • Player A and B are the only two left. It is a final table. Player B has been put into the tournament by player A and B is getting low on chips. The two of them bet and raise and at the river B turns over a busted flush draw. Player A announces "your busted draw is better than mine." Another player says "I want to see those cards." A shoves his cards into the muck.

It was a clear case of A chipping up his short stacked partner.

That's not the smartest collusion method I've heard of.

ScottyZ
  • The method was transparent because the big stack was not clever enough to fold against a bet and allowed it to get to showdown.
  • Are there other forms of collusion you guys have seen? It seems like knowledge of this practice could be useful.
  • There are lots of possible collusions. Everything from as simple as never bluffing one another to the ole whipsaw.