Fold or Call?

Playing deep in a tourney last night on Stars, and I found myself in a situation that we do everyday. Just want to confirm what most people would do and why.

PokerStars Tournament #134680578, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
2124 players
Total Prize Pool: $80290.00
Tournament started 2009/01/22 20:00:00 MT [2009/01/22 22:00:00 ET]

36 players remain, blinds 7500 - 15,000 2500 ante's
Average stack - 300,000

I'm sitting on the button (330,000) with AK off.

Recent move to table, so not much for reads.

UTG jams for 200,000+

Folds to me, I make the call.

Of course, the moral of the story, I lose to 55.

Payout is very flat until you make the final table.

Anyone see a reason to fold here?

Comments

• T8urmoney wrote: »

No.

Win flips next time, your ROI will increase.

/Thread.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    No.

/Thread.

I'm surprised Darryl. You know that 55 makes sets . . . >:D
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    No.

/Thread.

Tell me about it.....was one of those.........fuck! / sweet! / fuck! boards (4,7,10,K:),5:mad:)
  • Learn to flip better. :D
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Learn to flip better. :D

Someone please direct me to the Flipament champion.....apparently I need some tuteledge.
    Someone please direct me to the Flipament champion.....apparently I need some tuteledge.

I believe that would either be Itsame or Reddington.
  • Call all day.
  • obv brag post for finishing 36/2124
  • Well, at best you're a coinflip......and not knowing the table.....you might have elected the fold and see how the table plays a bit. On the other hand, you are going to need to chip up sooner or later so.....tough decision. I probably would have made the call.
  • harvman wrote: »
    Well, at best you're a coinflip......and not knowing the table.....you might have elected the fold and see how the table plays a bit. On the other hand, you are going to need to chip up sooner or later so.....tough decision. I probably would have made the call.

Tell me you're joking.
    Playing deep in a tourney last night on Stars, and I found myself in a situation that we do everyday. Just want to confirm what most people would do and why.

PokerStars Tournament #134680578, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
    2124 players
    Total Prize Pool: $80290.00
    Tournament started 2009/01/22 20:00:00 MT [2009/01/22 22:00:00 ET]

36 players remain, blinds 7500 - 15,000 2500 ante's
    Average stack - 300,000

I'm sitting on the button (330,000) with AK off.

Recent move to table, so not much for reads.

UTG jams for 200,000+

Folds to me, I make the call.

Of course, the moral of the story, I lose to 55.

Payout is very flat until you make the final table.

There is no reason at all to fold.
  • my bad...on the original post I saw I thought it said the blinds were 750-1500 not 7500-15000.......
    you're right, no fold.
  • Normally yes, but I don't generally brag when I only triple my investment.......lost a few flips (again, I need tuteledge) during the rebuy portion.
  • Everytime i have gone deep in these tournaments online I have had to win races exactly like this. It sucks but having played so many, I have mentally prepared myself to ship my stack in automatically with AK....sad but true. As the blind levels increase the skill is gone and it is more just who can get a rush of cards and win flips,etc....

The last final table I made which was in the nightly 50/50 on FTP (55 buck entry as well) had 1200 runners and when we got down to the final 3 tables, here were the options:

Raise 2.5-4x = 10s+
    Shove = AK-Ace rag

And...

Anytime you are in the blinds/cutoff/button you are shoving to grab chips with any sort of reasonable hand....K high, A high usually do it.

But OP don't fret, I have been there numerous times shoving my stack of with AK and running into a pair and not improving, but you have to do it to advance through the pay structure. Waiting is not an option at that point.
  • harvman wrote: »
    Well, at best you're a coinflip......and not knowing the table.....you might have elected the fold and see how the table plays a bit. On the other hand, you are going to need to chip up sooner or later so.....tough decision. I probably would have made the call.

The decision is not close. Shove the money in there!