Satellite Magazine Article

After winning more than four WPT NAPC seats, twelve satellites during the Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza, and being the only multiple winner of PartyPoker's big satellite packages, I have been approached by a poker magazine to write an article on satellites. While I obviously can't reveal all my "KFC secret recipe of 11 different herbs and spices" ;) in a 1000-word article, what specific things regarding satellites would you want to read about? From which satellites above would you want me to use examples from the most?

Comments

• I think there are enough articles/books on playing online sngs and supersats, you should stick to the live games
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    After winning more than four WPT NAPC seats, twelve satellites during the Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza, Excalibur donkaments (ghost writing for Compuease)and being the only multiple winner of PartyPoker's big satellite packages, I have been approached by a poker magazine to write an article on satellites. While I obviously can't reveal all my "KFC secret recipe of 11 different herbs and spices" ;) in a 1000-word article, what specific things regarding satellites would you want to read about? From which satellites above would you want me to use examples from the most?
    Fixed your post.... :)
  • How about a very short example from each? That way you can use it as a mini-resume.
  • We don't need anymore "hidden" brag posts.

As far as the actual article is concern, I would say you should focus on the live satellites as obviously thats where you've had the most success. It is much easier to exploit satellites in a live setting, I would explore something like deal making, exploiting the bubble, etc etc. Like GTA said, there is so much material on the online game already, and being live is where you have been successful at, look into that specifically.
  • Also on adding rake free side bets to the pool.
  • What are the links for the best satellite articles online? I read adanthar's old 2+2 satellite articles, but they were more general and I didn't see any of the strategies and tactics that I am using to win satellites online, including PokerStars.
    westside8 wrote: »
    Like GTA said, there is so much material on the online game already
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    what specific things regarding satellites would you want to read about?

how your strategy differs depending on the structure of the satellite; are you tight/aggressive at different points throughout the satellite? do you try to gain a chip advantage early on or do you wait for decent cards? how much does luck factor into your success? I would prefer more specific examples from live satellites.