Frustration

I play in a lot of Large MMT, usually near a thousand or more players. (I Play at Empire Poker.)

I usually finish in the money but near the bubble.

I'm looking for tips as to how I can improve my finish.
There is no use winning next to no money when I invest so much time.
I'd rather take the chance to miss the money and run deeper into the finish.

Please provide any and all tips or advice that might help me reduce my frustration!

Thanks!!

Comments

• you answered your question yourself:
    Perry D. wrote: »
    take the chance to miss the money and run deeper into the finish.
  • I'm sure that will prove constructive!

You left me waiting for more...
  • standard answer: gamble it up

be willing to get into flips for stacks
    resteal more etc

your goal on the bubble should be to accumulate chips and attack players just trying to cash
  • Holy crap. Welcome back.
  • Perry D. wrote: »
    I play in a lot of Large MMT, usually near a thousand or more players. (I Play at Empire Poker.)

I usually finish in the money but near the bubble.

I'm looking for tips as to how I can improve my finish.
    There is no use winning next to no money when I invest so much time.
    I'd rather take the chance to miss the money and run deeper into the finish.

Please provide any and all tips or advice that might help me reduce my frustration!

Thanks!!

Volume is key...a lot of the top online mtt players play large volumes of MTTs so they don't play results orientated.

Start stealing more with and watch stack sizes. You need to start picking up chips and start recognizing the weaker players faster. Early on in the tournament look to extract chips and play more position.

Ultimately know that sooner or later you will have to get your money in the middle (unless you run like god all the way through)