Betting the turn

Here is a spot I find myself in alot while playing 10 person limit ring games $5/$10 on Stars.

In late position wth [A,Paint] I raise and only the BB calls. The flop comes rags like 2,4,8 rainbow. I'll bet the flop and get called, then if I don't pair or make any draws on the turn should I bet again? Most of the players in this game will call in the BB with any 2 and stay until the end with any pair. Usually I like to keep betting in that spot but lately the BB has been just calling me down with bottom or mid pair. And If i check the turn the BB will bet out on the river regardless and I am forced to fold usually.

I think most of you will say I should bet there on the turn and if I dont improve check the river. But I find limit poker is more of what you save then what you win. Is it +EV to be betting there?

Comments

• Against a random player heads up, I'd probably bet the flop, take the free card on the turn and call the river. Checking the turn will probably get the BB to bluff on the river so when you make your hand you'll win 2 bets and you can always fold the river if it's truely garbage.

With a better read you could make better plays but against the random cheese on the internet keeping the pot small when don't have a great hand is probably a good thing.