What is my turn play?

I have around 30 hands on our villain. He already stacked off really light once when he called a turn shove with an awful flush draw. He is super aggro. Even for HU

Do we like shipping the turn here or would we rather let him bluff off his stack as he is first to act on the river?

Full Tilt Poker Game #9030153465: Table Fix (heads up) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:31:44 ET - 2008/11/17
Seat 1: MisterJonL ($49.60)
Seat 2: IJackit ($95.45)
IJackit posts the small blind of $0.25
MisterJonL posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IJackit [9s Qs]
IJackit raises to $1.50
MisterJonL calls $1
*** FLOP *** [8s Tc 3s]
MisterJonL checks
IJackit bets $2
MisterJonL raises to $6
IJackit has 15 seconds left to act
IJackit calls $4
*** TURN *** [8s Tc 3s] [Jd]
MisterJonL bets $15
IJackit has 15 seconds left to act
IJackit ??

Comments

• Do you call a shove is the spade comes?
  • Do you call a shove is the spade comes?

Are you are asking if I will fold the river with the 3rd nuts while getting 3-1 on my money in a HU match against an aggro spewtard?

That would be a definitive NO
  • So didn't you just answer your own question? This sounds like a slow-play/trap to me ...
  • Whether you ship now or he ships the river - the hand is going to showdown.

So purely for the value of making him feel worse, I let him hang himself.
  • So didn't you just answer your own question? This sounds like a slow-play/trap to me ...

My question is this. What makes me the most money?

There is very little that I am afraid of on the river and he should have a high percentage of shipping the river after chk/raising the flop and potting the turn

Am I more likely to get his money in the middle on the turn or on the river?
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    now

I agree.
    -If a spade comes on the river he might, MIGHT, fold if he puts you on a naked flush draw. He's less likely to give you credit for completing your gutshot straight on the turn.
    -If he is hyper aggressive and spewy he will most likely still call you with top pair or any two pair on the turn.
    -It looks like he's trying to represent a decent holding and push you off a flush draw.

Therefore, get your money in on the turn. If he's on a complete steal you won't get called on either street. And judging by your read, if he has something decent, there isn't a whole lot he's probably afraid of on the turn so he will most likely call you.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    He is super aggro. Even for HU

I vote for calling. Super aggros don't call, and judging by your description he'll prob shove on the river regardless.
  • [edit] I should have looked at the chip stacks before offering my opinion[/edit]
  • actyper wrote: »
    I vote for calling. Super aggros don't call, and judging by your description he'll prob shove on the river regardless.

That was my thought. Since he stacked off on a draw already shipping the turn should be an ok play but in the moment I felt calling was better.

Maniacs will often bet, bet, bet with everything until they get raised and then they fold. I felt like he might find a fold if I shoved but he would likely shove the river with anything.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    That was my thought. Since he stacked off on a draw already shipping the turn should be an ok play but in the moment I felt calling was better.

Maniacs will often bet, bet, bet with everything until they get raised and then they fold. I felt like he might find a fold if I shoved but he would likely shove the river with anything.

Exactly what I was thinking.

His range is huge here. No card on the river will scare you (it will only be a difference between calling and shoving, if that even), so no need to scare him out before the river.

If he's paying any attention, make it look like you're on a draw that you missed by just calling.

What ended up happening?
  • I vote for calling too!
  • holy sick bump batman
  • Flat call the turn and let him (which he probably will) bet the river. You can then check-raise (or check-shove depending on his bet) and get him to call off a big part of his stack. Some super-aggressive players will even re-raise you on the river trying to represent one of the hands you're holding.
  • I think you flat call... hypo agressive that he is, he will probably shove the river if he is weak and check call if he actually has a hand.. doesnt really matter if the spade comes or not, ur not going anywhere obv.. if he has nothing, hes not gonna call a shove. Let him hang himself on the river
  • I miss Caddy.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I miss Caddy.

Last Activity: Oct 12,2010 12:20 PM

ditto, wonder what happened?
  • Confirmed busto
  • He isn't folding. I ship turn, but that's just the way I play.
  • IamJoFay wrote: »
    He isn't folding. I ship turn, but that's just the way I play.

Shipping the turn will definitely win you the pot, but there's way more value slow-playing the hand. The hyper-aggressive player probably commits more chips on the river (maybe even shoving!) and you can take down a much bigger pot.