Want to get your rake back online? Be a prop!

I have been proping for about a month now on Planet Poker and Planet Poker 2.

I have averaged $10 US per hour per table.

if you are interested in proping just email me at edna6565@hotmail.com

There are more sites than planet that you can prop on but planet does pay the best.

Games are hard enough to beat, now you dont have to play against the rake too!

Jeremy

Comments

• What is a prop?
  • actyper wrote:
    What is a prop?

I found this article:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m5072/is_36_25/ai_108052043

it may give you some information...
  • That guy in the article, $40/hr for propping. Not too bad.
    What other online sites have propping?
  • sounds good....now whats the catch?
  • The catch is you have to start up games and be very flexible in your play.
    You need to be able to adjust to any number of players playing a table, must be good at playing both very short handed and full table games.
    You must be able to mentally handle it when finally after an hour of playing short handed against other props, who are most often quite good, then having the game finally fill up with customers with much less experince, only to have to get up from the game you started up because the table is now full and there are real customers waiting to get on the table. Then there are also times where right before the prop boss needs you to leave the game, you get your pocket Aces cracked omn the river by some chasers 6 hi flush draw in a massive pot. No time to get any of that money back off the fish who just sucked out on you cause the game is good now!! That means theres a list and props need to make room for the customers.
    When this is done with you start over again on a new table, playing shorthanded against other props. Sometimes you even have 2, 3 or even 4 tables with this constant cycle going on for hours.
    Propping is not for many people let me tell you.

On the other hand if you are good enough, you can make boatloads of money propping.

Kev

PS. ComaU is a limit player you dont want to play against. Im surprised it took him this long to find a good prop opportunity and make good use.

This is not the type of thing a newer player looking for an edge should consider.
  • As a prop, do you have to have a large enough bankroll to play every limits the online site spreads?

Also, does the prop receive an hourly wage, or just "free rake" while playing?
  • I heard most of "the Crew" were props for UltimateBet, hence how they logged so many hours of experience playing at their young age.
  • "The catch is you have to start up games and be very flexible in your play."

True.

"You need to be able to adjust to any number of players playing a table, must be good at playing both very short handed and full table games."

You will run into a lot of short handed situations. If you are not comfortable playing with less than a full table proping is NOT for you.

"You must be able to mentally handle it when finally after an hour of playing short handed against other props, who are most often quite good, then having the game finally fill up with customers with much less experince, only to have to get up from the game you started up because the table is now full and there are real customers waiting to get on the table. Then there are also times where right before the prop boss needs you to leave the game, you get your pocket Aces cracked omn the river by some chasers 6 hi flush draw in a massive pot. No time to get any of that money back off the fish who just sucked out on you cause the game is good now!!"

True. To a point. The prop comapnay I work for does not have *just* props start a game. You may be seated at a table with another prop or two but are discouraged from playing each other. As for having to leave a table when a list starts this is also true but not a big issue at Planet Poker and Planet poker 2 (where I prop). Lists are rare (the reason for props) and I can honestly count on one hand the amount of times ive had to leave a table in the last month. Most of what Kev is saying is based on his experiances from U.B. I belive and I know nothing about it since I have never been a prop there.

As for the "No time to get any of that money back off the fish who just sucked out on you cause the game is good now!!"

There is always time to "get the fish" becasue they always come back. Today, Tomorrow or next Month, Whats the difference?

"On the other hand if you are good enough, you can make boatloads of money propping."

TRUE! Even if you are not a great player as Kev implies you need to be, this is a way to lesson the expense of learning.

You can prop at levels from .5/1 to 10/20 and are not required to play at limits you are not comfortable with.

"finally after an hour of playing short handed against other props, who are most often quite good"

This is a matter of opinion only. There are props doing this that *are* still learning. All props are not sharks just sitting at these online cardrooms to pick off every fish that swims in. Props are players who are paid to fill tables and keep games running regardless of skill level.

There are not many props on the Planet sites that *I* dont like sitting at the table with.

"PS. ComaU is a limit player you dont want to play against. Im surprised it took him this long to find a good prop opportunity and make good use."

Thanks Buddy.

"This is not the type of thing a newer player looking for an edge should consider."

I could not disagree MORE. Lets say you *want* to learn short handed play, wouldn't you rather get rake back to help discourage losses most people take when learning?

This will not give you an edge over your opponents but it will help your bankroll regardless of your skill level because

a) Wins are biggger because you were also making extra money per hour played

b) Loses are smaller for the exact same reason.

Pay is based on a formula set by the site (everyone is different). For example Planet Poker 2 pays you a portion of the rake for EVERY hand you were dealt hole cards pre-flop. The formula is as follows- Total raked from the hand / #of players dealt into the hand * .9. Or if $2 was raked and 5 of you are playing you would get 36 cents (2/5*.9)

If you have any more questions feel free to post them or email me at edna6565@hotmail.com

Jeremy
  • See maybe planet is that good but I would never recommend learning shorthanded anywhere but partypoker 6 handed 1-2 limit or whatever. The players playing these games short handed on the prop sites are in a different league than the party suckers based on all my experiences.