Pace of Online Betting in NL

Any comments on how your pace of making a bet or a call when playing online can be used as an advantage/disadvantage?

Often wonder whether or not people overuse the 'make my selection before it's my turn buttons'...

Thanks!

Comments

• I try and mix that up a bit and try to sometimes wait, sometimes be quick etc. The only exception to this rule is if I am going to fold and not in the blinds, I almost always hit 'fold' before my turn.
  • i definitely make more bluffs at pots where i see someone auto-check behind me....they almost always have nothing and end up folding....on rare occasions, they catch something and play back

this is also true of the big blind....a lot of times i'll complete the SB and it auto-checks...i almost always bet out and take it down

as for myself, i will set to auto-fold preflop if i know i'm going to fold (sometimes i won't with crappy hands in LP if i am thinking about bluffing).....but thats about it, i rarely do it post-flop, even if i'm sure i'll fold..... sometimes you'll notice the rest of the table check through the flop and turn and maybe you can pick up the pot with a bet, even with nothing
  • sometimes when i have the nuts, ill check and hope for a raise
    then ill hesitate and call for time, then call

then i check again on the turn, wait for him to bet out, and raise him -often all in