Rake - Split pots...

A lot of sites, Party for one, does not rake split pots.

Is this affirmation true???

I never took time to check when I split a pot...

For me, it seems unlikely.

Any thought?

If true, any other sites doing that?

Comments

• mads777 wrote:
    Is this affirmation true???

I never took time to check when I split a pot...

For me, it seems unlikely.

Any thought?

If true, any other sites doing that?

They rake it. If they didn't pot split games would be running wild on party.... Infact, I dont know of ANY site that doesn't rake a split pot... most likely the total size of the pot of the person who said that wasn't enough to rake in the first place.
  • i think what might be meant here, is that the side pot doesnt get raked......i was at river rock playing 2-4 one day and a lady was all in in the main pot, and we had like a 10-15 side pot going, and when he(dealer) took the rake, he took it from the main pot and the side pot didnt get raked at all
  • Pigga wrote:
    i think what might be meant here, is that the side pot doesnt get raked......i was at river rock playing 2-4 one day and a lady was all in in the main pot, and we had like a 10-15 side pot going, and when he(dealer) took the rake, he took it from the main pot and the side pot didnt get raked at all

The rake should be taken from whichever pot is "active" at the exact time the rake increment is met. It's possible that the dealer made an error in this particular example.

Here's an example. Say the rake structure is the same as PokerStars $2-$4 ($1 per $20 in the pot up to $3 max).

Three players with one all-in are in pre-flop for $8 each. There is $1 rake taken from the main pot which is now $23. The two remaining players put in $8 each on the flop. There is now $1 rake taken from the side pot. The status of the pots is now:

$2 taken for rake so far ($1 from each pot)

$23 in the main pot
    $15 in the side pot

If $20 more goes into the pot later in the hand, another $1 rake would be taken from the side pot.

ScottyZ