Nightmares

River Rock in the house.

Today, I present a river rock report.

operational details : Limit holdem 50$ buy in...1000 chips to start. 1 rebuy in first 45 minutes for 20$ for 1000 chips. after 45 minutes one can add on 2000 chips for an additional 40$. 160 peeps. 15 minute blind rounds for first few hours. 20 minute round down the road. I have 3k after the add on.

No problem getting a ticket for this one. I called one of my friends who was there early and he got a ticket for me.

THE DEALERS
Well, at the start many of the new dealers that sucked so bad were in play. At one point the dealer couldnt figure out the side pot, so she called the pit who also couldnt figure it out. It took the whole table to figure it out and 12 minutes to play one hand. AIYAH! Further down the road all the dealers kicked ass, and I think the pit bosses actually gave my table the best dealers because I was being so remarkably witty about there underachievements hahahahahahahhaa...!

Or in the words of Sirbry, I am a tool. :D

THE $$$
5k for first, top 15 people make the money... guess who came 17th? Im gonna get "bubble" tattoed across my heart.

THE BLINDS/ BETS
Downright nutty. So fast. I'd say totally LAME if you want to go and actually get to play.
if u go, expect to be a short stack the whole way. Personally, I don't mind being a short stack, as i tend to make less mistakes, and am always comfie with whatever I have in chips, wherever. But for the less comfie of you, you'd rather organize a home game tourny (or come to ours) if you want to actually get to play some poker. This is pretty much a crap shoot for 75% of the field.

NIGHTMARE
21 people left, I am in the BB.. the BB is 4000, and the bets are 4-8k. I have K6o.. I have just gone on a sweet run, and have almost 50k in chips, top four, thats for sure (550k in play). The cutoff is a middle aged guy in a tie and glasses that doesnt really know how to play that well. He is getting hit in the head with the deck, and is pissed at me because I made him fold his preflop raise with a three bet 3 hands earlier (12k three bet). He folded preflop with 7-1 odds on his call, and was in 2nd/3rd at the time. wow.

BAck to the present: He tries to raise, but the dealer declares his bet a string bet, which was debatable. I didnt mind if he raised so I could fold. So he calls, and the flop is KQ6 rainbow. I check and he bets. I put him on aces... So I pause for a few minutes...
This is where I became a bit off a prick. I say to him after counting out all my chips and giving him the eye, I THINK YOUR BLUFFING... pause... I KNOW YOU HAVE NOTHING... RAISE....... I pump it to 8k, he calls. Turn is a rag, he says check out of turn, but im betting the 8k anyways, he calls. River is an A. So the board is K6Q8A. He starts betting b4 i check, i check anyways and he bets. I know im 80% screwed by that river of dreams...

I decide to call because a half hour b4 he did the same thing with 44 on a board of AK926 only to get called by 9To on the river... This time he has AQo.

AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh :frown: MONTH OF HOORROOR continues.... whywhywhwyhwywhwy I start saying EFFWORD EFFWORD EFFWORD (because you cant say the actual fword cuz you might get a penalty time out like in preschool). WHY was it a string bet?, why did he hit his 8-1? nooooooooooooooooooo. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why did the Red sox win? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;) .
The guy that nailed his 5 outer was a nice enough though :mad: :mad: :mad: guy, and genuinly thought I meant it when I said "well played, U really had me there, " so thats cool.
Of course thats not what I said about him to my oddly enough appeared cheering section... BREAKING CHAIRS is what i really wanted to do in helmuthian fashion.

Then the break, followed by the new blinds of 6k 3k. I lose my last 12k from the cutoff to some chump on the button with 33 that decides to risk half of his stack taking a shot at my Ax.

I think THE ROCK is getting better in ways, but must improve in many others. Im gonna go play there on saturday for a 150 freezout, max 220 players. That should be sweet. Maybe I won't bubble?
I have a serious question to ask dave sharf that I would appreciate serious answers/opinions too. Thanks :canada:
For those that have made it here you are :diamond:

Comments

• My favourite hand of the tourney: I have 2800, and post the 800 big blind, deciding that I'd 3-bet in the dark if anyone raised. Folded to the button who raises, sb folds I raise he calls...I bet my last 400 in the dark.. flop was K-hi, and he folds getting 14:1.

The dealers on my first table were awesome, trying to get in as many hands as possible. On my second table however we lost a lot of time due to confusion over the blinds when the would-be sb busted. The floor eventually had to be called and there was some argument I didn't pay attention to.

Overall my hands couldn't keep up with the huge stakes and I busted (in like 25th) in a battle of the blinds with K3s on a TT3 flop pretty much allin on the flop; he hit his ace on the turn, and another on the river to rub it in, blah. I think next time there's a tourney at the Rock I should just take my $100 down to the craps tables. Or even better, Texas Shootout.