Hand for critique

Here's a hand from this weekend...

2/5NL, In the SB... 4 limpet and I complete with :kc :2c , and the BB checks. Flop is :kh :jh :2s and I check 'cause I's tricky! BB bets $20, MP calls, and I raise to $70... and we lose MP. Turn is a bricky :3c and I lead for $120, and get called... hmmm! The river is a beautiful :2h and I feels good again! I bet the scared $100... BB comes over the top for $300... thoughts?!?

Edited for stacks: BB has about $300 more behind... I cover.

Comments

• Here's a hand from this weekend...

2/5NL, In the SB... 4 limpet and I complete with :kc :2c , and the BB checks. Flop is :kh :jh :2s and I check 'cause I's tricky! BB bets $20, MP calls, and I raise to $70... and we lose MP. Turn is a bricky :3c and I lead for $120, and get called... hmmm! The river is a beautiful :2h and I feels good again! I bet the scared $100... BB comes over the top for $300... thoughts?!?

Look at the hands that beat you: KK, JJ, 33.

You can rule out 33 because it doesnt see the turn.

I think KK / JJ shove to your raise on the flop for frrrush prtection. These hands are also played more aggro from LP. People limping JJ+ usually do it EP with the intention of CR'ing.

Looks like a standard shove - but if you think villain is tricky enough to play JJ this way then flat and throw up on table.
  • what's your read on him and what is his likely read on you? this can have a big bearing on your decision.

KK and 33 are almost never seen here unless he is a truly sick bastard. JJ almost never unless he is some kind of scared/tricky player. other possible hands - nut flush (if he puts you on a weaker holding), busted straight draw (not likely but he may like to bluff weaker players), KJ, how about K2 or J2?

you are ahead of just about everything that makes sense here. i can't see any reason for just calling.
  • Would be very hard to put BB on KK with his check pre-flop with the limpers.

JJ is a posibility. It is a hand I may limp with in this position as it's hard to know where you stand with it until the flop comes down.

Hard to put him on the flush draw with the $70 call and $100 call but it's not out of the question. Could see it if he also has a straight draw so the nut flush draw is a real possibility.

With your betting he seems pretty sure of his hand, I don't think he's folding to your push. I guess it could be a bluff with the 3rd heart appearing. I'd put him on K J (low odds... would have reraised the flop or turn), the nut flush or a smaller boat.

So I think it would come down to my read on the player whether to just call or push. I would lean to push unless there was something distinct I could draw off from previous plays or a current read. It's not an auto push as I hate to autopush when it sure looks like he wants you to.
  • Shove.

My turns on include Wetts1012's awesome super-hillarious post.
    My turn OFFs include your play on the flop.
  • hahaha...Trying to represent a flush? POOOOOOOOSH IT!!!!

If he has Kings or Jack I pay him off.
  • Well... I called and he showed JJ and I threw up on the table! (luv that line)... And my opponent goes into a new box... I was so close to shoving... I think the only thing that saved me was an hour before... I got cold-decked with JJ set over set against KKs with no preflop raise from the kings...

Needless to say it was a bad night bankroll-wise!
  • good play. but it's a bad play, if you know what i mean.

interesting hand!
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    good play. but it's a bad play, if you know what I mean?

Yeah... I know! But I can be as results-oriented as I want to be when it saves me money!!