Party Poker's Bad Beat Jackpot

So the jackpot got hit yesterday...
Imagine getting your quads cracked then being paid $116,000. Lucky :(

Comments

• I like the bad beat tables.. It's like party does all the hard work of finding the bad players for me.. All I need to do is sit down at any table and it's a juicy game. The key is to play the same game as a regular table.. Forget about chasing the jackpot.
  • I agree play as normal - I like the incentive to play it though. I have recently re-downloaded PP and am going to play those tables exclusively for ring games (and also of course the STT and MTTs), until I feel confident enough to challenge the rest of you all at the $30/$60s. ;)

This jackpot is a nice incentive but I am not going to go 'reaching' for it. I'm still gonna fold my pocket 2s when the pot is raised pre-flop.
  • well the qualifying hand requires quad 8's so...folding pocket 2's won't hurt your jackpot chances :)
  • how does this work?
    you have to get quads beat?
  • Quad 8's or better beaten.
  • the first time i ever got quads they were beaten by a straight flush. all i got was a "rough beat" from the table. :(
  • arkose wrote:
    well the qualifying hand requires quad 8's so...folding pocket 2's won't hurt your jackpot chances :)

My bad - this just proves that when making a point, don't rush it.

Let pretend I said pocket 8s ;)
  • 88Fingers wrote:
    My bad - this just proves that when making a point, don't rush it.

Let pretend I said pocket 8s ;)

I figured with a name like '88fingers' you'd always play 88 in any position ;)

Thank you thank you, I'm here all nite.
  • lol

Last night on PartyPoker ($10 STT), I was dealt pocket 8's twice in a row! I usually do play them in any position - makes for good table chatter after the showdown. This two hand string of 8s helped me place in the money :)

But, I have folded them before. I will fold them when I am sure I am beat. It is my (wannabe) signature hand, so it does hurt my ego when 88 has to let 8-8 go. Letting them go pre-flop in a Tourney because of low chip stack hurts lke heck!

Im playing another tourney right now as I am writing this and just got dealt pocket 8s. Hold on sec... called blind...flop 3J3, checked through, turn Q, checked through, river A, checked through - showdown - lol beat by someone holding an A! That's poker!