Not Sure If i Made the right fold

Just by the way the hand played out, Im not sure If I made the right Fold. Let me know your thoughts.. Thanks. Also Im new to this forum and fairly New to the poker scene, so constructive critsism is best.

Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200)
Table '95014111 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Bender 312 (2725 in chips)
Seat 3: chelsieeeey3 (3100 in chips)
Seat 6: Rivers Cuom0 (2455 in chips)
Seat 7: Poonanny8 (2320 in chips)
Seat 8: xGhostrider9 (2900 in chips)
xGhostrider9: posts small blind 100
Bender 312: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Poonanny8 [Ks Td]
chelsieeeey3: folds
Rivers Cuom0: calls 200
Poonanny8: raises 400 to 600
xGhostrider9: folds
Bender 312: folds
Rivers Cuom0: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Kc As 6d]
Rivers Cuom0: checks
Poonanny8: bets 800
Rivers Cuom0: raises 800 to 1600
Poonanny8: folds
Uncalled bet (800) returned to Rivers Cuom0
Bender 312 said, "me? i dunno"
Rivers Cuom0 collected 3100 from pot
Rivers Cuom0: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3100 | Rake 0
Board [Kc As 6d]
Seat 1: Bender 312 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: chelsieeeey3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Rivers Cuom0 collected (3100)
Seat 7: Poonanny8 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 8: xGhostrider9 (small blind) folded before Flop

Comments

• First problem:

Hand selection - K10o is not a very good hand, the only time I'd really raise with it is if I was stealing

Second problem:

Raise amount - your raise to 600 (3x BB) is not big enough if you're planning to steal after the initial limper.

Other than that, you got "trapped", but you made a continuation bet, and it was fine otherwise. Welcome to the forum....

Mark
  • Not sure whch limit u play... the first guy limps pf you raise 3xbb and he flat calls... (if you're lpaying low limit which I think you are this screams weak suited ace)

good fold.

edit: I read this a bit too fast... after that fold you're down to 920 with blinds at 100/200, basicly you're crippled badly and you need to double up before the blind hits you to have a chance at this game)

I don't know what anyone thinks about this but you're pot commited and you have to push there and hope he has Kweak kicker or a smal PP that missed... am I wrong?
  • if you plan to fold to a CR, do not bet.

more info about the players would be helpful. in the absence of any reads, fold.

i prob fold that PF but i would raise if i knew the player usually limped with crap and folded to a raise.
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Not sure whch limit u play... the first guy limps pf you raise 3xbb and he flat calls... (if you're lpaying low limit which I think you are this screams weak suited ace)

good fold.

edit: I read this a bit too fast... after that fold you're down to 920 with blinds at 100/200, basicly you're crippled badly and you need to double up before the blind hits you to have a chance at this game)

I don't know what anyone thinks about this but you're pot commited and you have to push there and hope he has Kweak kicker or a smal PP that missed... am I wrong?

Was about to type the same thing before I read this.

As played - you have to shove the checkraise. There is no point leaving yourself with 4BB. Folding here = no good.

Agree that PF hand selection may be a little loose - but Im on the fence given the blinds and the stacks. PF you are giving the BB odds to call a pretty wide range with your raise. At this point you pretty much have to pick a hand and go with it.
  • poonanny wrote: »
    Just by the way the hand played out, Im not sure If I made the right Fold. Let me know your thoughts.. Thanks. Also Im new to this forum and fairly New to the poker scene, so constructive critsism is best.

Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200)
    Table '95014111 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 1: Bender 312 (2725 in chips)
    Seat 3: chelsieeeey3 (3100 in chips)
    Seat 6: Rivers Cuom0 (2455 in chips)
    Seat 7: Poonanny8 (2320 in chips)
    Seat 8: xGhostrider9 (2900 in chips)
    xGhostrider9: posts small blind 100
    Bender 312: posts big blind 200
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Poonanny8 [Ks Td]
    chelsieeeey3: folds
    Rivers Cuom0: calls 200
    Poonanny8: raises 400 to 600
    xGhostrider9: folds
    Bender 312: folds
    Rivers Cuom0: calls 400
    *** FLOP *** [Kc As 6d]
    Rivers Cuom0: checks
    Poonanny8: bets 800
    Rivers Cuom0: raises 800 to 1600
    Poonanny8: folds
    Uncalled bet (800) returned to Rivers Cuom0
    Bender 312 said, "me? i dunno"
    Rivers Cuom0 collected 3100 from pot
    Rivers Cuom0: doesn't show hand
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3100 | Rake 0
    Board [Kc As 6d]
    Seat 1: Bender 312 (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: chelsieeeey3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: Rivers Cuom0 collected (3100)
    Seat 7: Poonanny8 (button) folded on the Flop
    Seat 8: xGhostrider9 (small blind) folded before Flop

Your stack size is quite low.
    Putting in 600 ... 1/4 of your chips preflop .. even with position is near the threshold of pot committing you. Some would say this is an all-in or fold situation.

I'd mostly fold KTo preflop it's a little too weak here. If I were to play I'd push all in preflop. There is 500 in the pot and adding that to your stack is significant.
  • low limit or he would have included it.

I don't hate the pf raise here..it depends on how often he's doing it. ie: low limit I'm raising a lot of these hands to take control, they aren't any more likely to fold for 8 than 6. Shoving sucks.

I fold to the min raise if I'm c-betting..

but depending on the player, you can probably find a check/check on that flop...anything that makes sense is either beating you or VERY unlikely to call and/or draw out (pp) so a free card is not likely to hurt, I'd like to see what he does on the turn
  • Kristy... I can't read your avatar... well I can read fail but it ends there.
    So... fit to page doesn't always work out :)
  • Nothing has ever failed quite as hard as you just did.

See Dave Scharf thread for explanation. Fit to page doesn't apply for avatars
  • You need to plan out the pot size and stack size before getting involved in a pot where the blinds are relatively large compared to your stack and others.

So you have to assume that the limper will call 400 more and the BB might as well. That will create a starting pot of 1900 and yoiu will have 1720 chips. Even with one caller, the pot will be 1300. Without a very strong starting or hitting the flop really well, you are going to be faced with a tough decision on the flop. Any mistake like folding the best hand or going all in as a big dog is critical.

I know some don't like moving all-in pf but think of it this way. You have two blinds with random cards and one limper who hasn't shown strength. All-in is not an unreasonable bet and eliminates the chance of making a mistake. Also some might say that moving in a mistake in itself. But you have to realize that pf, there are a wide variety of hands that are not that much trouble to you. 99 and lower and you're just under 50/50. Against an ace and you are anywhere from 35%-40% (except AK or AT). You might even get a call from JT or QJ. The only bad hands are AA, KK, TT, AK and AT.

So depending on the players at your table, you need to decide what hands they will call this all-in bet with. Since a call will really cripple any one of them, I think this all-in will work much more than 50% of the time so I say it is +EV.

Also, keep in mind how they perceive youi. Have made any big bets or been folding? This will also determine how likely you are to get a call.