Password Protect a Thread

Is this possible to password protect an individual thread? thought it might be useful for club related information. Have never seen it done in the past but was wondering if this is an option with the software used for this site.

Comments

• AFAIK its not....but Graham can probably search around the vBulletin forums to see if something similar is available.
  • My guess is its probably possible to create a subsection of the forum that only approved members can see. I.e. whoever runs that subsection, or the moderator himself, has to manually add people to the list.

/g2
  • I'd be careful with being on the legal hook for hosting the info while also maintaining authorization information. It goes beyond the concept of a 'service provider' who lets users do whatever they want and can't control them.
  • A private section really wont resolve the problem you are trying to solve. Even if you put strict rules on who gets access, the people that you don't want to have access are not idiots and will find a way in.

* PokerForum.ca does not endorse or promote activities which are considered illegal. When promoting your illegal activities on this forum you are doing so at your own risk.
  • was thinking more for club details (address, etc.) so more clubs may post on here again.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    was thinking more for club details (address, etc.) so more clubs may post on here again.

And why would we want to encourage clubs to post here when its against the law to run an underground club and we get no benefits from inviting them back?

Edit: typo/grammar fix
  • Anyone can post anything they want here (other than spam), but if they are doing something illegal its probably in their best interest not to post it on a public forum. Also, who is going to control who gets access to this "elite" information. If they were smart they could promote their things subliminally and nobody would really know.
  • lots of clubs use to post here on the forum at one time; I would say we want to encourage it because a lot of forum members play at these clubs every week.