New 7 passenger van wanted!

Ok, last year I found Nik (Heffner Toyota) on here whom I leased a new Toyota Matrix from. Thanks again Nik, good deal and very nice vehicle...
Now I'm looking for something a bit bigger for my wife to use to shepherd grandchildren around in. I have been considering a Chrysler Grand Caravan, primarily because of some of the seeemingly aggressive pricing I have seen advertised. However everytime I go to check them out from one of the flyers, somehow they are always significantly more expensive than they appear in the ads. By the time they add on freight, delivery, etc it seems like the price has gone up several $K... I have seen several adds for a Grand Caravan for around 18K but try and find one for that price...
Anyone on here who has a contact at a Chrysler dealership or even suggestions of other vehicles that may be suitable please let me know. I probably will lease for only 24-36 months but would consider other ideas. Also I need at least a 7 seater, with DVD player and at least the rear seats need to fold down flat.

Comments

• why not stick with toyota?
    Superior product than any american car...

Plus you look like you already have a contact there.

My girlfriend's father has one (toyota) and he has alot of mileage on it and it still runs great.
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    why not stick with toyota?
    Superior product than any american car...

Plus you look like you already have a contact there.

My girlfriend's father has one (toyota) and he has alot of mileage on it and it still runs great.
    No argument on Toyota being a superior product but quite a bit more expensive and since this is going to be low mileage lease I'm not concerned about resale value, repairs, etc. If I could be convinced that financially it would be a good decision it would be a Toyota in a minute but.....
  • Hey comp.

I am a sales manager at a Chrysler store so I would be happy to sort out some pricing for you. I also have a Chrysler plant in town here and would be happy to call in a favor and get you a Friends number for invoice pricing.

Let me know what you are looking for exactly and I will be happy to work pricing out for you.
  • I do have a couple remaining vans from the drive-away in Windsor. We picked these up directly from the plant so they are *no charge freight* vehicles.

One is a 24G with rear climate control and DVD it is Orange in color.
    The other is a 24G with rear climate, DVD and a power seat in light sandstone.

Also the Journey is a pretty wicked on a short term lease right now as well and the vehicle would meet your requirements for 7 seats, fold flat rear seats and DVD. It is also has the look of a crossover as compared to a van. I know this was a big hurdle to cross with my wife. Happy wife = happy life.

Cheers,

Caddy
  • My family just bought a 7 seater Kia Rondo, with Optional DVD. The price was what first attracted us but it also had everything we needed.
  • Ercules wrote: »
    My family just bought a 7 seater Kia Rondo, with Optional DVD. The price was what first attracted us but it also had everything we needed.

I don't know man... kia... sound, look and generally is cheap...
  • I'm curious in anyone's opinion on this vehicle...like it? god awful? What do you think Caddy? sellable or the next Edsel?

Ford Vehicles: All-New 2009 Ford Flex - Introducing the Newest Crossover from Ford
  • Akala16 wrote: »
    I'm curious in anyone's opinion on this vehicle...like it? god awful? What do you think Caddy? sellable or the next Edsel?

Ford Vehicles: All-New 2009 Ford Flex - Introducing the Newest Crossover from Ford

The second coming of the Honda Element?

Wow, that's some fugliness going on.
  • Ugly is king, baby. I have always loved the quirky car over the mainstream. From Minis, to the Subaru XRT6 (?), Smart car . . . I love the look of the Flex, but ain't sure it's any good.
  • Thanks, Was just curious as I've never seen a vehicle get such a polarized reaction. It's either love it or hate. The company has high hopes for some reason..
  • btw, what are you doing with the Matrix?
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    I don't know man... kia... sound, look and generally is cheap...

That's ok, I know she's not the prettiest girl at the dance....but she puts out :)
  • Akala16 wrote: »
    I'm curious in anyone's opinion on this vehicle...like it? god awful? What do you think Caddy? sellable or the next Edsel?

I love it!
    Any car that has a beer cooler in the drivers console is good by me!