party poker vs poker stars

what do you like and hate about each site. stars good points they have frequent player points which reward loyal players. they have heads up tables which are fun. there techincal support is very good. bad points you can't choose your seat. tournaments start 1 minute after tables are full. too many bs beats were the worst hand before the flop wins. slow payment by cheque. party's good points. you can choose your seat. games start immediately after table fills. bad beat tables availble.bad points at party poor customer service. usually too good hands dealt. terrible player search facility. you have to transfer $50 unlike stars you can transfer any amount.each sites have there good and bad points. if stars every sends my cheque i'll try party again. i'll let u know how i do :canada:

Comments

• 21 days but finally got my cheque. i'll cash it monday and give party another try
  • I've been playing party poker for about a year now and I find a huge ammount of bad beats. I think thats mostly because of the poor level of play there. Guys there call with crap hands and get lucky most times. Lots of good tournaments there. I;ve had good luck and bad luck. I'm deciding between poker stars and ultimatebet right now.

cheers
  • my buddy used to play at stars lost a little. i got mad i got cheated there and they did nothing about it. he deposited $50 at party is up to $350 know easier to win there
  • The Hawk wrote:
    my buddy used to play at stars lost a little. i got mad i got cheated there and they did nothing about it. he deposited $50 at party is up to $350 know easier to win there

Guess that confirms my beliefs in the other thread you started about being cheated that all of those "emails" you got from Pokerstars support staff (the ones with no last names) were not entirely real ;)

Lot of people who lose assume they got cheated, it is a very common form of rationalization.
  • let me put it this way ... in terms of my enjoyment and the competition pokerstars is miles ahead. The interface, the tourneys all A+

You want to make money playing a solid game, go to party. the competition is easier and while you will suffer bad beats, play the game right and the pots you win will dwarf the bad beats.

my two cents
  • they never have a last name on emails from stars send one u will find out
  • i think your a 100% right
  • Just made a $50 deposit at party. the first game i played was crazy first hand i knock 2 players out i got 2400. then a few hands later a get top pair against loose cannon call everything. he calls all in he needs 2 clubs to beat me the turns a club and river also. lose about 800 chips. a few hands later loose cannon bets 250 perflop i go all in 1400 i have AA vs QQ river a queen a lose i say good game he aplogizes lol. nest game 1st hand i have ak bet 100 have 3 callers flop comes akj i go all in guy has trip jacks i say good game. getting a bit mad try another luckily i win this time up $17 not a bad day kinda fun. i noticed alot more loose cannons at party but sum very good players also. so good luck all
  • I have been playing online for the past 18 months, 95% at Paradise.

I recently started playing at Party. Overall, my feeling is that Party is much much easier to win at. I say that even though I do very well at Paradise. My comments refer only to sit and go's as that is all I have been playing recently (other than multi's when I have the time).

Obviously, given the shear numbers at both sites, there are a lot of bad players, however, my feeling is that the "average" player you come up against is better at Paradise than at Party.

Obviously there is nothing scientific about my above comments, but I am interested to hear from anyone who plays at paradise and party regularly.

BLACK99
  • From my limited experience (playing since March at Party and since August at Stars)

Party:

I find the ring games much easier to beat, though you have to accept the fact that you will get badly sucked out a number of times each night. If you become tilt proof to this, you'll do fine. (Though my patience was tested this past week when, 6 times in a row, I had the best hand on the turn only to be taken down by a miracle river who never had better than a 4:1 draw. It's all varience) Part of what makes the rings easier to beat is that you can immediately see the results of the last hand played in a seperate window which gives you the hole cards of people that mucked on the river. This is invaluable information.

When it comes to SnG's and MTT, Party is awful. In single table SnG's the blinds go up after a set number of hands. To me, this turns the game into a crap shoot once you get close to the bubble. (ie. It's harder to wait for a hand on a given level when, no matter how fast it takes, you're only going to see 10 hands at most.)

Their selection of MTT's are boring and the juice they take for any game lower than 10+1 is rediculous. (5+1 anyone?) Also, there is NO benefiit for taking our rake (ie. rake-back or FPP-type things)

PokerStars:

Generally much tighter, more intellient play. I'm having a tougher time beating the lower limit rings games, but I don't come here to play the low limit ring games. PokerStars have great tournaments.

Blinds increase at a set level and, (I'm not sure if this is just me), but since the players pride themselves on being "smart, intelligent" players, they're much easier to bully around. At a STT, generally half or more of the players fall into this category. If you can identify and isloate them, you'll do well.

Also, the selection of MTT cannot be beat. From their Sunday 250K's to $1 NL games they have cash MTT's to suit any bankroll. Their interface is also much nicer than Party's. (Though, my favorite interface is still vcpoker) FPP's also give something back for taking rake. FPP's can be used to earn entries into larger tournaments. (ie. the 500FPP sat's to the 250K)

Basically, if it wasn't for the profitable lower limit games on Party, all my money would be at Stars. Every time I'm at Party I cringe.
  • i kinda like that party puts up the blinds every 10 hands in sng table games. makes it go a little quicker. i kinda agree with you on the multis forces you to play a few more hands were at stars you can be really selective. also parties stats compared to stars are brutal. another thing i dislike about party is in a mtt when you get 10 positions from being played they play hand for hand which sucks. so far 3/5 at party 2 wins and a 2nd and 2 bad beats. party has its downfalls but i still like it/
  • Zithal sums things up nicely regarding party....i hate their STT for the exact same reason...it isn't so bad in the first few levels (although starting with 1000 chips would be nice instead of the 800 you get), but once you get down to 3-5 people, it becomes all-in bingo...at that point everyone has 1500-3000 chips and the blinds are 150-300 or thereabouts

but i play a lot on the NL$100 tables there, and although the variance is high, its still easy money...

for STT, i like ultimatebet...they always have STT that fill up quickly....and they run much nicer than party's (not to mention their interface is much nicer as well)

no exp. with stars, can't comment on that...eventually i'll give them a try
  • PokerStars is by far the best site out there. Customer service, Tournaments and tough ring games. Which is what you want to make you a better player. I have played at Empire (which is the same as playing at Party), and if you can beat the PokerStars games then you can crush at Empire/Party!!

Hammer
  • another good thing about party, is i tried to play at a table with a buddy. it said our system has detected association between accounts. then said our names therefore you will not be able to play at the same table.were at stars we could play at the same table no problem.
  • the only thing that i heard u cannot do at party/empire is sell your seat if you win satellites, like u can at stars, but i've heard that if u win multiple seats that you can.....but i like having the option of selling it right away

thats the main reason i play these sats, to make the quick buck

i won 5 entrys to the wcoop $200+15 rebuy and made some nice pocket change w/ it

not to mention the $650 i won yesterday....... went from having $5.50 in my account 2 days ago to $569 (used some of the $w myself, and sold 611 of em)

yay good rush, play the rush

Pigga
  • Pigga wrote:
    the only thing that i heard u cannot do at party/empire is sell your seat if you win satellites, like u can at stars, but i've heard that if u win multiple seats that you can.....but i like having the option of selling it right away

thats the main reason i play these sats, to make the quick buck

i won 5 entrys to the wcoop $200+15 rebuy and made some nice pocket change w/ it

not to mention the $650 i won yesterday....... went from having $5.50 in my account 2 days ago to $569 (used some of the $w myself, and sold 611 of em)

yay good rush, play the rush

Pigga

Nice feature! Wasn't aware of that...You mean, you can just take the $$$ instead of the satellite entry. I suppose you need to contact the support for that? How is it working?

The only 2 things I really like from Party is the softness of their ring games and also the feature of hand history available on the spot by a single click...That is the only thing I miss when I play at Stars (I know, you can request the same hand history by e-mail...and it doesn't take that long) what laziness can do...
  • You mean, you can just take the $$$ instead of the satellite entry.

Kind of. You don't get real money, you get something called either T$ or W$ depending on what tournament you won the entry too. The T$ can only be used for tournament entry fees, and the W$ can only be used for "large" tournament (WSOP, WPT, etc) events.

Either T$ or W$ can be sold for real money (normally at a small discount) to another player.
    I suppose you need to contact the support for that?

No, to get the T$ or W$ you simply need to unregister for the corresponding tournament.

However, you can (and should IMO) normally contact support to conduct any T$ or W$ to real money trade instead of simply trusting your counterparty to execute the trade honestly.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Kind of. You don't get real money, you get something called either T$ or W$ depending on what tournament you won the entry too. The T$ can only be used for tournament entry fees, and the W$ can only be used for "large" tournament (WSOP, WPT, etc) events.

Either T$ or W$ can be sold for real money (normally at a small discount) to another player.

No, to get the T$ or W$ you simply need to unregister for the corresponding tournament.

However, you can (and should IMO) normally contact support to conduct any T$ or W$ to real money trade instead of simply trusting your counterparty to execute the trade honestly.

ScottyZ

TY for the clarification Scotty
  • http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6125962158&fromMakeTrack=true this guy is drunk check it out trying to sell you secrets on party poker
  • ya mads777

exactly what scottyz said, i just unreg'd from the super-satellite and i had $650 w $ in my acct, i used about 40 of them playing more satellites and sold the rest 610 for 525 american, which is awesome i got about 85% exchange...... if ne1 else has $w to sell, let me know, ill give ya the email of a guy who gave me 85% exchange
  • ya mads777

exactly what scottyz said, i just unreg'd from the super-satellite and i had $650 w $ in my acct, i used about 40 of them playing more satellites and sold the rest 610 for 525 american, which is awesome i got about 85% exchange...... if ne1 else has $w to sell, let me know, ill give ya the email of a guy who gave me 85% exchange

I think the going rate for W$ now that the WPT sats and stuff are running is better than 85%.. of course, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.. I see most posts of people selling W$ or T$ get responses pretty quick..
  • The Hawk wrote:
    http://spam this guy is drunk check it out trying to sell you secrets on party poker

Yeah he was spamming a lot of the sit n go tables last night.
  • I saw this item for sale at eBay Canada, The World's Online Marketplace TM, and thought that you might be interested.

Title of item: Win $500 today, Research shows loophole in Party Poker
    Seller: shakerboo
    Starts: Oct-20-04 15:53:15 PDT
    Ends: Oct-23-04 15:53:15 PDT
    Price: Starts at $7.00

To view this item, go to: http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?RedirectEnter&partner=888804&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI%2Edll%3FViewItem%26item%3D6126193146%26category%3D73488%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AB%3AEF%3ACA%3A1

Item Description:
    Party Poker Data Analysis

Data from over 500 Party Poker accounts shows a definite loophole in the Party Poker site. This information is not a strategy guide, you must already know how to play poker (works on any variety). Rather it involves using Party Poker's built in technology to give you a 95% chance of doubling your money within 2 hours. You do not need to be a poker expert to use this system, average players will still double their money if they follow the system.

"By using the Party Poker Data Analysis system I was able to win $486 in a little over 3 hours of play. Best of all, it was simple, even an idiot like me can win with this system." James Violet

"Thank you! Your system allowed me to double my money, I had more success tonight than I have ever had before!" Tim Johnson

"I consider myself an average player. However, the Party Poker Data Analysis system allowed me to win like a pro without mastering a complex system." Todd Hastings

Upon purchasing the Party Poker Data Analysis system you will receive an e-mail with very simple, easy to follow instructions on how to double your money in two to three hours of play. This information is short and to the point, and does not require extensive study, research, or a change in styles, simply a change in betting.

Buy now and double your money today.

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com
    some how this was sent to my email i'd like to know how he got my address anybody else get it
  • if u want to view his ebay item can be viewed for free at www.liveactionpoker.com
  • heres an update i've played 20 tournies at party i moneyed in ten of them up about $180. i play $10nl and played one $20nl and one $10 limit by mistake. that game was painful to play just like go fish. glad i got cheated at pokerstars and came back to party much easier to win here. but there server sucks i lose my connection way to much.
  • new update at party poker played 105 singles and moneyed in 50 of them. up about $500 since moving here thanks stars for cheating me and making me leave
  • Black99 wrote:
    Obviously there is nothing scientific about my above comments, but I am interested to hear from anyone who plays at paradise and party regularly.

BLACK99

Party is good for making some cash if you play solid. Once in while though, i really need a break from the site and will usually go to paradise or ultimate bet to get the party out of my system then I do fine again. I like paradise and think its a solid site.

Personally I've never been a huge fan of pokerstars, I never liked the interface, how the site is, and I guess I havent played there over one buy in but thats what I got from it..
  • paradise is awesome for tournaments. but there singles are way to slow
  • i just played 12 games last nite at party. i got punished got outdrawn almost everytime in the money 69/173 times. bankroll gone going try paradise next, update to follow
  • tried pokerroom instead hated it bad. window takes up the whole screen. the images are very dark. no customer support. one good thing they make you act quickly and the level of play looks very bad. i'm not a computer geru and they make it very hard to uninstall.pacific or doyles room next any ideas. i have dialup will take 2 hours to load thanks