Couple Hands What would You do?

Three opponents at the table are extremely aggresive, more spewy than good aggresion. el_pedrino is on super ninja TILT. He has been r or rr almost every single hand. I decide to sit back and not ge involved with much....they have been giving me credit when i played a hand. booliboo just took a big ass pot down with A10 vs. DonThomaso00. Don led on flop for 20 and boo cr to 80/ don c/ turn boo led and don r/ river boo checked and don jammed and boo c with tp/ and don tabled 77 for a missed turn str8. One more hand i r mp AJ and boo rr weak in (bb) (A10) / cant recall the action but went to show down. I seen this a couple times where he rr weakish with A10 or J.
Sorry I don't run PT so no stats, thats why i have to give you a break down.

PokerStars Game #18096557691: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2008/06/12 - 20:01:41 (ET)
Table 'Saturn II' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: wader ($782.10 in chips)
Seat 2: DonThomaso00 ($400 in chips)
Seat 3: fredo78 ($1003.85 in chips)
Seat 4: booliboo ($1913.95 in chips)
Seat 5: el_pedrin0 ($465.70 in chips)
Seat 6: welij ($442 in chips)
booliboo: posts small blind $2
el_pedrin0: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to wader [Qh Ah]
welij: folds
wader: raises $8 to $12
DonThomaso00: folds
fredo78: folds
el_pedrin0 said, "U THINK UR NOT GETTIG VALUE FROM Tx BY DOING THAT?"
booliboo: raises $20 to $32
el_pedrin0: folds
wader:

Don't have a lot of info on opponent, i just took a pot off him where we where 3 handed button r i rr (1010) (sb) and he 4 bet (bb) i c/ flop 9 high i c and he fires 140 and leaves 160 behind I jam and he tanks and c with AK. I slightly recall playing him in the past and recall him being spewy but I'm not 100% sure and I have NO notes on him

PokerStars Game #18096785868: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2008/06/12 - 20:14:02 (ET)
Table 'Alderamin IV' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: howzatt10 ($421 in chips)
Seat 2: gtrainisback ($579 in chips)
Seat 4: wader ($1382.35 in chips)
max06nice will be allowed to play after the button
wader: posts small blind $2
howzatt10: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to wader [9c Ad]
gtrainisback: folds
wader: raises $12 to $16
howzatt10: calls $12
*** FLOP *** [9d 7c 2c]
wader: bets $20
howzatt10: raises $60 to $80
anders200 joins the table at seat #5
wader:

Comments

• wader wrote: »
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wader [Qh Ah]
    wader:

I certainly don't re-raise here because I like to keep the pot on the smaller side preflop. Do you feel like flipping for stacks? Very likely call then take the lead again on pretty much any flop and put him to a decision there, get a better feel for where I am at. Plus it's soooooooted.
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wader [9c Ad]
    *** FLOP *** [9d 7c 2c]
    wader:
    KQcc? Overpair? Not really scared of a set of 7s or 2s. Very unlikely a set of 9s. Preflop call sounds pretty table/standard for a raise. His range is pretty wide. The flop raise sounds like either a piece 87 or a flush draw.

Looking at stacks/pot size. If you call that is a pot of ~$200, he has put in ~100 and has ~300 back. If you re-raise he probably shoves with any flush draw, then what?

I might call/shove a non-club turn. Fold is ok too, you haven't really invested that much yet.

Then again, stacks here are > my entire online bankroll so ....
  • 1st hand you have position with a good hand. i don't see a need to bloat the pot yet. i call and play it by ear.

2nd hand again you have position on a somewhat drawy board. unlikely he has TT+. more likely he is betting out with his draw or has hit a piece and puts you on a draw. i'm not ready to fold this one yet. not sure if i'd be bloating the pot yet, though. what kind of turn would make me happy? tough question.
  • Hand 1 I RR -- sure I don't love playing a big pot with AQ, but I also don't want him to think he can run me over and this is a good spot to make a stand, esp based on your read of him and that you have position. You want to put him to a decision, not let him take the pot away on the flop. So, I RR and go from there...if he has been respecting your play then that'll give you a good idea of how to play the rest of the hand.

Hand 2 is tough with no reads -- the AK hand isn't that spewy 3 handed given the stacks if he has no read on you. I don't know what the pot was when he shipped in his last 160, but he could have been getting decent odds, esp when you include your bluffs in his range on you. Given that he is an unknown, he has a wideeeeee range here...I don't like playing for stacks in marginal spots vs unknowns until I see them play a few rounds...I think either push or fold are viable options.

edit -- nice to see someone on this forum actually plays poker now and then
  • Hand 1: Normally I like keeping the pot small preflop with a hand like AQ in position, but given your history with these players, along with your description of how the table has been playing, I would just go ahead and pop it here and if he shoves you can probably fold.

Hand 2: Based on the last hand with AK, he was probably getting the 3:1 he needed to call with AK there depending on the bet sizes preflop, so its not terribly spewy. OOP here and realistically half the deck is your enemy, I think raise>fold>call here is in order.
    I decide to sc i think we are to deep for me to do anything else. If i put in another bet and he jams I would be folding.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wader [Qh Ah]
    wader: calls $20
    *** FLOP *** [9s 8c 3c]
    DonThomaso00 said, "lol"
    booliboo: bets $60

Like I said I had just stacked him so I think that he is possibly on tilt or drawing so i c his r.

PokerStars Game #18096785868: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2008/06/12 - 20:14:02 (ET)
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wader [9c Ad]
    *** FLOP *** [9d 7c 2c]
    wader: calls $60
    *** TURN *** [9d 7c 2c] [4s]
    wader: checks
    howzatt10: bets $325 and is all-in
  • Hand 1 looks good as long as you fold flop. Hand 2 I think 3-betting flop is fine (maybe make it like 200 so he has the chance to spaz or overbet shove if you think it'll look weak to him or whatever). However call and check/shove a lot of turns is also a good line. I guess call as played but this is just a crappy spot without a better read. Even a lot of very aggressive players are going to show you the nuts here a big % of the time.

PokerStars Game #18096557691: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2008/06/12 - 20:01:41 (ET)
    Table 'Saturn II' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wader [Qh Ah]
    wader: calls $20
    *** FLOP *** [9s 8c 3c]
    DonThomaso00 said, "lol"
    booliboo: bets $60
    *** TURN *** [9s 8c 3c] [Ac]
    booliboo: bets $172

*** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wader [9c Ad]
    *** FLOP *** [9d 7c 2c]
    *** TURN *** [9d 7c 2c] [4s]
    wader: checks
    howzatt10: bets $325 and is all-in
    MT UR Wallet joins the table at seat #6
    wader: calls $325
    *** RIVER *** [9d 7c 2c 4s] [5h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    wader: shows [9c Ad] (a pair of Nines)
    howzatt10: shows [9s 2s] (two pair, Nines and Deuces)
    howzatt10 collected $841 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $842 | Rake $1
    Board [9d 7c 2c 4s 5h]
    Seat 1: howzatt10 (big blind) showed [9s 2s] and won ($841) with two pair, Nines and Deuces
    Seat 2: gtrainisback (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: wader (small blind) showed [9c Ad] and lost with a pair of Nines
  • Pretty sick prelfop call with the 92. Dont get the call on the flop with the AQ, im assuming you're gonna call since the best you put him in on an overpair. However badluck dictates he has an A9 or A8.
  • Hand 1: Since you didn't fold the flop (assuming you were floating) and now you hit probably the best card for you, think you can shove on the turn.

Hand 2: Pretty sure its a call given what you said in the original post.
  • I think a key point here is what your opponenent put you on and a perfect example of that is how hand 2 played out. I think because of what looks to be a TAG image he roped you in.

1. The spewy player had position on you and with your raise you are repping some sort of hand (A-rag, pp, overs, etc). His call was in position with what I like to call a "dummy hand" because when I flop anything I am going to dummy you....

2. With that ragged flop I would excercise pot control, remember you only have 1 pair but at the same time I don't feel comfortable going in with stacks with just tptk. His re-raise on the flop indicates strength on my part especially when you lead out OOP. No matter how spewy the villian seems I believe he called your raise preflop with the intentions of doubling through you.

When you bet out 20 into a 32 pot that is the standard CB in my books....the re-raise indicates to me he is either drawing/huge hand and wants to see what you have. The call here is fine but I fire a barrel on the turn to slow him down, at least 115 or so to see where I am at. If he shoves on me, I am beat. Most draws at that point would just cold call.

You can also deduce his hand range I believe a little better by the 3-bet call. Any overs I think he is re-raising you...even a PP as well. Also on stack sizes I can't see him shoving his entire stack with a draw especially when you have him covered 3-1 not too mention your image.